(Topic ID: 124477)

Can I make my service outlet work only when the game is on?

By indypinhead

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JoeGrenuk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shock.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Is there an easy way to make my service outlet on my 8 ball deluxe only work when the game is turned on?

#2 9 years ago

Wire it up on the other side of the on/off switch.

PLEASE don't solder anything on your game with it turned on. You'll risk blowing things up.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Lloyd.

#4 9 years ago

can also install a switch inline on those wires that go to the ac outlet....as in light switch. so must switch on to turn on ac power to that plug outlet in game.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Wire it up on the other side of the on/off switch.
    PLEASE don't solder anything on your game with it turned on. You'll risk blowing things up.
    LTG : )™

Actually, unplug the game entirely as well. You're dealing with live mains wiring.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Actually, unplug the game entirely as well. You're dealing with live mains wiring.

You are no fun. Working with live wires make life interesting. Yes, unplug it first.

#7 9 years ago

anyone messing with power should have the smarts to unplug anything first. if they dont, they should not be messing with power.

#8 9 years ago

Would it be a better idea to add a second service outlet instead of rewiring things?

Gottlieb System 3's have this--an always-on outlet and an outlet controlled by the game's power switch.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

anyone messing with power should have the smarts to unplug anything first. if they dont, they should not be messing with power.

NOW you tell me!

shock.jpgshock.jpg
    #10 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Would it be a better idea to add a second service outlet instead of rewiring things?

That's what I'm thinking about doing. Unlike my Williams games, the service outlet is located on the opposite side of the on/off switch.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's what I would do. Always nice to have a live outlet for a soldering iron inside the machine without having the game powered on.

#12 9 years ago

What are you doing this for?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

What are you doing this for?

I'll go with something to do with a mod.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-make-my-service-outlet-work-only-when-the-game-is-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.