Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151008_003234_(resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Id like to install one on this beauty.
Allen

20151008_003234_(resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Since the DBV simply sends a signal to one of the coin switches - yes, assuming you have a door that will accept/mount a validator. Though it looks like that machine already has one..

#3 6 years ago

On a MARS ( MEI ) unit the orange and brown wire go to one of the coin switches, one to each wire on the switch. Set the validator for 4 pulses per dollar. Then you need to CAREFULLY tap into the 110AC for power to the validator.

LTG : )™

4 years later
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

On a MARS ( MEI ) unit the orange and brown wire go to one of the coin switches, one to each wire on the switch. Set the validator for 4 pulses per dollar. Then you need to CAREFULLY tap into the 110AC for power to the validator.
LTG : )™

Any resources out there on how to tap the power? I'm looking to put one in a Fish Tales

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Allentrack86:

Any resources out there on how to tap the power?

Manual or schematic. Find 110AC wiring. Tap into that. Usually around on/off switch area. Going into the game. White wire and black wire.

LTG : )

#6 2 years ago

If you have a service outlet inside you can use this cable which goes to the 110v harness from the validator and gives you two yellow wires to piggy back on the coin switch : https://na.suzohapp.com/products/bill_validators/42-7057-00

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Allentrack86:

Any resources out there on how to tap the power? I'm looking to put one in a Fish Tales

See the thread I made several years ago:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-bill-acceptors-on-wpc-era-machines

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 29.95
Electronics
PinSound
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
£ 89.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!