Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dooskie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paypal (resized).jpg
    gay-occupation. (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdpvideo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 7 years ago

Yes, you can get scammed this way. However, I will say so far so good for me. It helps if he has a friend on here that knows him. You know, the more people you know the better. If it's for a machine lets say 1K or better just pay the fees if you don't know him. It will cost you more but it is away to cover yourself. Also, keep in mind even if you pay the fees. YOUR NOT FULLY PROTECTED. It's like going to court. It's not what you know, Its what you can prove with pay-pal. I have never lost a filed claim because again it's what you can prove. It's almost like being in from of Judge Judy. Poor people or stupid people show up to court with nothing more than he said she said. You'll lose every time. If your the payer ask a few questions like "When do you expect to ship the item?" So things come up so add a week to their answer. We all get lazy or just to busy and forget. We are all human. But follow up and then ask yourself have I been fair with the guy/gal? if the time and excuses are wearing you out file a complaint. It buys more time to get your money back. They may not answer you but they have to answer threw pay-pal. Which Pay-pal already understands the method of it's what you can prove. Not how mad you are or even if your 1000% right and honest. It what can you prove. Just pay the fees if your uncomfortable. If they won't allow that run away! If they say why would you do that? "It protects us both". Pay-pal sometimes charges you fees to send money "now" depending on how you send it anyway. They caught on to all the fees they were losing. Good Luck!

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Again - I don't disagree that they charge a lot... But I stress - we shouldn't screw a company by violating their terms because we think they make too much. That's stealing. We should just use a competitor or find other ways.
    By the same logic - Metallica and Sony are rich so one shouldn't pay for CDs or movies. It's not right. Period. People justify it in their own minds 100 ways from Sunday but it is still stealing.

Wow, an honest person! They are still out there! Gives me hope!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdpvideo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-get-scammed-paypal?tu=wdpvideo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.