Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dooskie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paypal (resized).jpg
    gay-occupation. (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Guy wants to send me money via friends and family. Asked for my PayPal email. I've sent money this way but can I get scammed receiving it? Never met the guy so seems odd he just send me money. Where would money go anyway. What say you? Thanks.

#5 7 years ago

So got a reply off of mr pinball for a pin. End up making phone contact after bunch of emails. Seems like nice guy haggle some seems to know his shit about pinball. Finally makes offer and I except but offer entails meeting him half way. I accept and he hits me back can he pay via PayPal cuz he's in hospital and his brother n law will meet me and can't get funds to him....am I paranoid or something up?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Well IF it's sent via friends and family PayPal does not warranty those payments. If he filed a claim PayPal would say sorry no go, however he can always file a chargeback if he pays with a credit card.

He says he won't use credit card, linked bank account...all he wants from me is my PayPal email to send payment in full then his brother n law drives to meet me to pick up.

#32 7 years ago

Thanks guys I cut off contact even though he keeps trying. Thanks for the good advice.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

If we had been told that the buyer was a longtime Pinside member that context might have coloured people's response...

Never told me he was a pinsider, first I'm hearing of it. If you are for real don, sorry but got to admit story did sound fishy.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I can vouch that Don (Pintopia) is a real person. Nice guy - I have bought from him before and he is in my local area. He's not a scammer and has a good reputation in the local pinball community.
    Yes the whole PayPal story sure sounded fishy - but in this case he is real and not out trying to pull a fast one.
    I personally don't take PayPal as its too risky but I will tell you that Don is a stand up guy and if you are comfortable with PayPal - no worry dealing with him - he's not a Nigerian expat.
    And no Don didn't ask me to write this.

We struck a deal, and yes I trust him now also.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

…..soooooo, keep us posted about the deal….

Will do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-get-scammed-paypal?tu=tp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.