Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dooskie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paypal (resized).jpg
    gay-occupation. (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago

Scam scam scam. Some moron will fall for this. Don't be that moron.

#34 7 years ago

It's unfortunate what people do to other people... Glad they didn't get you.

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Starwriter:

It absolutely disgusts me when buyers or sellers ask or demand using friends and family to purchase goods or services, thinking they are "saving money". This isn't shopping for the best price on a flat screen TV. This is downright theft. Paypal provides a service and I am happy to pay them for that service. How would you like it if you went to work and your boss said, "we found a guy that is willing to do your job for free, so, in order to save money, we're not going to pay you anymore"? No matter what form of payment is used in any transaction, there will always be scammers that have figured out a new angle. Yes, even cash. Counterfeit cash or robbing at gunpoint. With all that said, on a high dollar pick up in person deal, cash is still king.

This! 100x over. When you start a transaction with me bringing up friends and family it indicates that (a) you like to violate agreements and (b) if you are a seller it indicates that you can't do simple math and build a couple points into your asking price. It also says you are trying to eliminate charge backs which makes me more weary.

I realize not the scenario here - but the whole friends and family thing is a huge issue on KLOV.

To to guy in the hospital: if you look at the situation from all of our views - everything read like a typical Craigslist scam. I mean everything. The only way it could have sounded more fishy is if you asked your brother in law to meet the seller at midnight in an old warehouse down by the docks. I hope you get better soon - but don't be so disappointed that a deal which matches very popular scam profiles alerted many people. You want 100% confidence then it's "my brother in law will be there with cash in hand..."

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Bullshit. When I signed on with paypal, it was free. In fact, paypal paid me $5 to sign up. I've never signed a contract agreeing for them to charge me shit. Ever. It was a free service until Ebay bought them and decided to double dip and get charges from you from your auction as well as the payment and now shipping. Screw them. Ebay already price hikes enough.

While I agree with your statement above about the company changing after the eBay acquisition - your continued use of the service subjects you to its current terms of service. Companies can charge anything they like though - we as consumers just go elsewhere if we don't value the service.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

they make more than enough, just on the monetary conversion.

Again - I don't disagree that they charge a lot... But I stress - we shouldn't screw a company by violating their terms because we think they make too much. That's stealing. We should just use a competitor or find other ways.

By the same logic - Metallica and Sony are rich so one shouldn't pay for CDs or movies. It's not right. Period. People justify it in their own minds 100 ways from Sunday but it is still stealing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-get-scammed-paypal?tu=brainmegaphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.