Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dooskie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paypal (resized).jpg
    gay-occupation. (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nighthawk128.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 7 years ago

PayPal is in of itself a scam company, there is NO way you should do a pinball transaction with Paypal unless you are willing to give that machine away. I have Funhouse up for sale now, and there are checks and balances to protect yourself without trying to head off a scam after your machine has left the building.

First of all, ask too much money, a real person will offer less which is what you want. Below is a message I got from someone in the past:

"I would love to purchase, I'm satisfied with your price and I'm requesting this transaction should be done via PayPal. I'm a flight attendant at AA so my schedule tends to be a little crazy. I won't be able to deal in person, so cash is not an option for me.. but I have a Mover that will be coming for the pickup after the payment has been made and cleared."

1. "I'm satisfied with your price" that is my way of filtering scams because not one of you guys would pay my price without going back and forth. So it pays to ask too much, plus you won't get bombarded with requests for more pics, etc.

2. "I'm a flight attendant". As one poster suggested, I don't need to hear a story as to why you can't deal face to face since I didn't ask any questions anyways.

3. "I have a Mover that will be coming for the pickup" .. Don't push me! Not that early on, I will go out of my way to accommodate a buyer after the deal is done.

Anyways, Paypal is bad news, for international transfers I will provide my account number and that's it, a buyer can go to their bank to transfer Canadian dollars into my account which will have no money in it so I'm not worried if they try funny stuff plus if they do the banks can deal with them. Also Western Union. I will deduct the fees from the sale of the machine, once the deal is done it goes to a crating company who will handle the rest.

Personally I prefer face to face so we can argue price over beers but with Pinball locally there are so few people interested in these machines to understand why something made in 1990 could Possibly be worth so much lol.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Flight Attendants (AKA "air mattresses") make $13 a hour. The are unlikely to buy a $6,000 pinball machine.
    Ask the seller if he is gay. All male flight attendants are gay (yes, every single one)

LOL I didn't hear back when I suggested maybe the movers could bring cash on their behalf

#70 7 years ago

In my case, asking such a question would make the scammer go away, the point is we need to be rude to scammers.

Notice Noone is arguing that male flight attendants are gay?

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Well, at least you give out incredibly good pinball advice.

Selling a pinball machine is serious business so I agree that is good pinball advice

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nighthawk128.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-get-scammed-paypal?tu=Nighthawk128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.