(Topic ID: 112174)

Can i get #63 flasher bulbs at autoparts store?

By jcar302

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KevinD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys, I have a few flashers out on my high speed, the right side hideout was out and after I few searches I found out that these run in series, I had one so they are fixed, but the ones at the top of the playfield have been out since I purchased the machine, so i'd like to just change them all. I may goto leds on them, but I don't want to complicate trouble shooting, so i'll do that after they all work.

Didn't see them on radioshack site and the one I drive by all the time is closed. I could go further to another if I have to.

I know they are cheap online, but i'd like them sooner than later and have no interest in paying $25 to have a set of $5 bulbs over nighted because I lack patience.
If I have to wait, it's not the end of the world but if there is a source that usually has them it would be good to know.

During an ebay search they come up as parking lights on some cars, is this true?

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys, on your advice I stopped got a couple at pep boys, they wacked me $5 for the 2, that will keep me going, ill order a box next time I make a pin order.

#7 5 years ago

I changed them out, but the top flashers (top as in top of the playfied) still don't work at least during testing. The coil test cycles so fast that I pretty much have the pattern memorized.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinD:

I had the same problem on my HS. Turned out to be a broken lead on a ceramic resistor under the playfield. I ordered 63s from O'reilly auto parts. $3.99 for a box of 10. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/EIK0/63.oap?ck=Search_63_-1_1845&keyword=63

Thanks,
I'll check it out, they still don't work.

3 weeks later
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinD:

I had the same problem on my HS. Turned out to be a broken lead on a ceramic resistor under the playfield. I ordered 63s from O'reilly auto parts. $3.99 for a box of 10. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/EIK0/63.oap?ck=Search_63_-1_1845&keyword=63

Had some time today so on your advice I starting looking through the resistors.
Sure enough on the larger 5ohm one leg was broken.
I tried to solder it with a short leg and what a bitch that was. Didn't get it done, so I crudely tied the long leg to the short leg for now, sure enough it works.

Because I have freeplays clear ramp, I think I need to switch the left bulb to red or blue.

Thanks for the help,
Joe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
1,100 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Corinth, MS
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside