6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by captkirk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I have a Stern SM and a RS that I'm thinking about getting rid of to fund a HD V-Rod. The SM is HUO with very few plays so it is pretty close to perfect. It has a shaker motor and the Steve Ritchie webbed side rails. I also have a new CCd pf for it. The RS is I great shape with just a tiny spot of ware on the fish. I have a NOS CCd pf for it as well. I just can't make myself finance another MC so something has to be sacrificed. If I can get $10000 for these two games and trade in my Yamaha Warrior I can buy the V-Rod straight up.

#2 6 years ago

Lol good luck, SM maybe $5k+ roadshow your lucky if you can get $2500 but who knows..

#3 6 years ago

Not even close.

#4 6 years ago

Is the SM a standard? Even with the spare playfields, I don't think you're at 10K. Maybe by Christmas though

Good luck woth the motorcycle purchase, and be safe

Chris

#5 6 years ago

Maybe $8k but IMHO that's best case scenario.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have a Stern SM and a RS that I'm thinking about getting rid of to fund a HD V-Rod. The SM is HUO with very few plays so it is pretty close to perfect. It has a shaker motor and the Steve Ritchie webbed side rails. I also have a new CCd pf for it. The RS is I great shape with just a tiny spot of ware on the fish. I have a NOS CCd pf for it as well. I just can't make myself finance another MC so something has to be sacrificed. If I can get $10000 for these two games and trade in my Yamaha Warrior I can buy the V-Rod straight up.

Location is relevant; I have been looking for a SM... not a 7K one though

#7 6 years ago

maybe a max of 8000-8500 because of the extra playfields but you'd really have to work to find the right buyers

#8 6 years ago

10k if you had a black Spiderman! Roadshow 3000 tops in immaculate shape, but these are worth what someone will pay. You never know? Maybe someone will really want them? I would like a SM but cant afford it at the moment, good luck.

#10 6 years ago

Seems to be trending towards a buyer's market lately, so not even close. Even in the hottest of markets I think $10k would always be high.

#11 6 years ago

I think you're missing a machine at that price. Lol SM, RS, and one more..

#12 6 years ago

Are the playfields installed? If not, sell the games and then sell the play fields separately.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Are the playfields installed? If not, sell the games and then sell the play fields separately.

Do this, probably 500-600 for the SM playfield and 700-800 for the RS playfield? It will get you closer to your goal than packaging them.

#14 6 years ago

Your 2K to 3K short of $10K. GL

#15 6 years ago

I'll go out on a limb here and say, yea, you can do it. Depends how fast you want to do it.

#16 6 years ago

No.

#17 6 years ago

#18 6 years ago

Not unless RS is Rolling Stones (stern)

#19 6 years ago

You're very close if you sell the play fields separately… I say YES! $5500 for SM maybe more with the shaker and webbed rails and $2500 if the RS is really nice. The RS play field should be $750 plus and the SM play field at least $500-$600.

YES! YES! YES!

#20 6 years ago

Rolling Stones' PF is covered in fish.

#21 6 years ago

I think you are more at 8.5K ish . For sure sell extra PF separate for max value.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Do this, probably 500-600 for the SM playfield and 700-800 for the RS playfield? It will get you closer to your goal than packaging them.

I'd say more for NOS CC'd RS playfield, how many are out there?

#23 6 years ago

SM is around 5k plus PF 800 I just sold my RS 3600 plus u have a PF so 800 but they don't sell as much in the US then they do here in Canada so I am thinking around 8 too 9k

#24 6 years ago

time goes by quick. I remember a deal involving my v rod for a scared stiff plus cash. Now I have a scaredstiff and no vrod

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You're very close if you sell the play fields separately… I say YES! $5500 for SM maybe more with the shaker and webbed rails and $2500 if the RS is really nice. The RS play field should be $750 plus and the SM play field at least $500-$600.
YES! YES! YES!

I agree with Teekee. You're probably around $9500... be patient and you'll get your prices.

#26 6 years ago

Never seen a NOS RS PF.

Thing has to be worth at least $1000 if the CC job was done right.

A SM CC'd PF has to be worth $800.

Pretty close to your $10K. Split 'em up!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

YES! YES! YES!

I would definitely listen to somebody more interested in making money on the hobby than enjoying it for a question like this. Therefore, Teekee is probably pretty close.

#28 6 years ago

Would anyone be interested in the whole shitload for $8000 ? This is a gauge of interest at this point. I am not putting anything up for sale yet. I need to see what they will give me for my Warrior and actually test drive the V-Rod in question. I want one but I haven't ridden the one Im looking at yet. I went to ride it and I didn't have a helmet. Something about they don't want to be liable if I drop it and leave my brains on the street

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

YES! YES! YES!

i agree, that's the only way you'll get your 10k.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Would anyone be interested in the whole shitload for $8000 ? This is a gauge of interest at this point. I am not putting anything up for sale yet. I need to see what they will give me for my Warrior and actually test drive the V-Rod in question. I want one but I haven't ridden the one Im looking at yet. I went to ride it and I didn't have a helmet. Something about they don't want to be liable if I drop it and leave my brains on the street

Update your profile to include your location.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Would anyone be interested in the whole shitload for $8000 ?

Seems like a real nice deal for someone local to Houston… or someone willing to make the drive!

#32 6 years ago

I'm in Houston Texas

#33 6 years ago

I'd be interested depending on condition/pics of RS and I'm in San Antonio

That would give me 2 SM's so this would be an upgrade and I'd put mine up for sale but it might work for me

Sent you a pm

#34 6 years ago

Can we get some pics of the Spidey pf....and who CC'd it? Thanks!

#35 6 years ago

For $8K it is a great deal.

#36 6 years ago

RS you'd be lucky to get $1800 for. Had many many chances to get $1400 and $1600 roadshows. Wasn't worth it then, and even the little bit they went up $1800ish, they sit for a awhile when people try to sell them. SM being 5k. your barely going to hit 63% of your mark.

#37 6 years ago

I would love a 1600 RS. Seems like 2500 lately.

#38 6 years ago

yea, right. good luck getting anyone to pay $2500 for a RS. You will be waiting months and months for that sucker to pull up.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, right. good luck getting anyone to pay $2500 for a RS. You will be waiting months and months for that sucker to pull up.

You are right....I was thinking of Fishtales.

#40 6 years ago

1400-1600 roadshow in very nice shape, I'm a buyer!

#41 6 years ago

I sold my RS for 3600 in Canada

#42 6 years ago

yes, I responded to this on rec. games. yesterday and mentioned he should ask for 7000-8000 for the pair and that he would be hard pressed to get 10K.

#43 6 years ago

The whole lot for $8k? Not sure how you guys don't think that's a good deal.

Let's add this up:
$5,500 for a mint SM (which includes a shaker & SR webbed side rails)
$2,000 for a 'great shape' RS with tiny fish wear spot
$1,000 for the NOS CC playfields
---------
$8,500

I think that would be a good deal at his $8,000 feeler price. I still think low 9s isn't out of the question.

#44 6 years ago

I sold two road shows in last few months. One was $3300 other was $2900. Both were really immaculate though

#45 6 years ago

Maybe he isn't really that interested. No contact but I don't really need the package.

What I'm looking for is the markmon "immaculate" RS, anybody know of one looking to find a new home.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I sold two road shows in last few months. One was $3300 other was $2900. Both were really immaculate though

You hit gold with those. around here, a 2k+ roadshow will have you sitting on it for a year or more. Shit. Even a mint Baywatch takes forever to move at $1400. Even a unfaded nice DM for $2200 takes awhile to move. I guess it depends on how close you are the ocean.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd be interested depending on condition/pics of RS and I'm in San Antonio
That would give me 2 SM's so this would be an upgrade and I'd put mine up for sale but it might work for me
Sent you a pm

Shoot. I'm in Austin and may be interested in the lower quality Spider Man. I wouldn't be a buyer until end of March though. I've debated owning a Spiderman for a long time. I enjoy it so much at Pinballz but am afraid it wont last if I owned it but if I could get a good deal on one it may be worth it to just have till I get bored.

#48 6 years ago

Worth more here in Canada

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You hit gold with those. around here, a 2k+ roadshow will have you sitting on it for a year or more. Shit. Even a mint Baywatch takes forever to move at $1400. Even a unfaded nice DM for $2200 takes awhile to move. I guess it depends on how close you are the ocean.

Sounds like we should buy there and sell here.

#50 6 years ago

Sounds like BS

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside