New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 159049)

Can I Connect This Powered Sub To My Pinbot?

By mstire

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mstire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

klipsch.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I don't want to do any damage to my sound board and thought I should throw this question out first.

Will it be safe to come directly from my bottom cabinet speaker to the high level out on the sub?

Thanks for any help.

klipsch.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Wires from your main speaker would be connected to the High level INPUT on the sub.

You may find that the level might not be high enough, if so then connect to the low level input.

The type of subwoofer was built before receivers had dedicated subwoofer outputs. The idea is that the output of the source would go through the sub then on to the speakers. Typically the signal to the speaker would go through a low pass filter so the main speaker would not try to reproduce the low frequencies that the subwoofer produces.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Lee
Just went home for a lunch beak and took a look at the sub. There may be a problem with this sub. The sub powers on and I hooked my bottom cabinet Pinbot speaker to high level in on the sub and I get nothing. Not even static.

I will need to investigate further.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside