Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by WJxxxx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a9c99ea6-afd7-4af4-a46b-04b2bab62549_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I'd like to buy a pair of backbox decals. Anyone know where I can get them?

a9c99ea6-afd7-4af4-a46b-04b2bab62549_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Anyone know? I've emailed stern with no response.

#3 4 years ago

I don't think so. I believe those cabinets were all silk-screened so decals don't exist....

Maybe do something different, fun & custom on the sides?

#4 4 years ago

Maybe get a scan and have some printed

#5 4 years ago

stern should make LOTR and other decals for their games available thru distribs.
a lot of their cabinet had BAD planking and the collector market would buy them up.

agree with fattrain - it's cards so do somethin custom to your liking!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Maybe get a scan and have some printed

I like this idea but how would I do that? I do have a friend with a WPT so thatr's not a problem. How do I "scan" his side art?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I don't think so. I believe those cabinets were all silk-screened so decals don't exist....
Maybe do something different, fun & custom on the sides?

I thought of that but most people have their own ideas of fun and custom. I'd rather stay stock so my games value & desirability doesn't drop.

#8 4 years ago

You use a handheld scanner, like a portable wand scanner. Clean up image in a program like photoshop and then reprint them on vinyl and then apply them. In a perfect world you would find these images already scanned in and ready to print.

#9 4 years ago

Luckily for you, if u do go the route of scanning and fixing in a paint program it should be pretty easy with that backbox artwork. It's not complicated shading or anything.

#10 4 years ago

Ive contacted a sign company and hope to make it happen soon. thanks

#11 4 years ago

Ok so I contacted a local sign company and this is what they said... "We don’t have a way of coming onsite and scanning graphics – no one does.

If you send us photos of the sides and measurements we can recreate something SIMILAR – not exact – for a $250 design fee. Once you get me measurements I can figure out the cost of the vinyl decals."

Zentron can you link me to one of these portable wand scanners that you mentioned? I could probably buy one for less than the 4250 design fee this sign company wants to charge me.

#13 4 years ago

How would that hinged flatbed scanner scan the side of a backbox? I am confused.

Zentron mentioned a "handheld scanner, like a portable wand scanner". That seems to be what I need.

#14 4 years ago

It is not a hinged flatbed scanner. It is more like a picture frame. I use one all the time to scan side art, playfields etc. It is what I have used to take scans to send to Pinballpimp for him to make the amazing stencils he sells.

It is being held vertical in a stand in the picture. Notice how you can see the carpet on the other side of it? It will scan anything you hold it up to. It works just fine on Windows 7, 8, and 10. Just install the Vista drivers.

#15 4 years ago

That's a great price for that scanner. I just picked up the 4600 which is the same without the stand. It works great. I've been scanning everything.

2 years later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Port Richey, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside