(Topic ID: 242378)

Can I bum a pop bumper screw off someone?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I've placed like 20 orders from various pin places and didn't realize I needed one (one of mine is bent and stripped). Would someone mind tossing one in an envelope to me? It's for my TOM, it's a flat head and like a 6mm thread I think.

#2 4 years ago

Local hardware store is probably cheaper than the stamp it costs to send one.

#3 4 years ago

lmao, first time I ever seen someone beg for a pop bumper screw! run to your local hardware store and match it up.

#4 4 years ago

Uh. This doesn't look like something I can get at the hardware store. I've foraged around for parts at many a hardware store and never have seen anything like this. I believe this is it:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-5883-00

Edit.. definitely not something common, amazon has NO idea what a spiral fin shank screw is.

#6 4 years ago

no on both of those.

#7 4 years ago

you sure its a pop bumper screw you are looking for? you are wanting the screw that holds down the pop bumper cap to the bowl correct?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

you sure its a pop bumper screw you are looking for? you are wanting the screw that holds down the pop bumper cap to the bowl correct?

That would be this. Flat heads are probably screws to hold the metal flap/ramp down.

https://www.pinballlife.com/bumper-cap-screws.html Get 1/2 inch ones.

LTG : )

#9 4 years ago

Geeze guys, I expected more from you all. I even posted what I needed. These are the screws embedded in the playfield which hold the pop bumper bracket to the bottom side of the playfield. The go from the top down, have a flat top (not a flat head) and have a spiral or fin on them to capture them in the wood of the playfield.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Geeze guys, I expected more from you all. I even posted what I needed. These are the screws embedded in the playfield which hold the pop bumper bracket to the bottom side of the playfield. The go from the top down, have a flat top (not a flat head) and have a spiral or fin on them to capture them in the wood of the playfield.

it’s called a fin shank screw. you’re fine w 2. if not, just order one from any of the major vendors in your next pinball parts order.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

it’s called a fin shank screw. you’re fine w 2. if not, just order one from any of the major vendors in your next pinball parts order.

Buuutt.... the playfield is stripped down now. Next order will be too late. Sigh, I'll live with 2 I guess.

#12 4 years ago

surely an order will be just as quick as some one posting one?

#13 4 years ago

pm me your address. I’ll mail you one

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

pm me your address. I’ll mail you one

This guy!!

#15 4 years ago

Lots of time spent on getting an $0.89 screw!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

surely an order will be just as quick as some one posting one?

Yea, but they want like $7 shipping on one screw. I'm sending stuff to another pinsider who needed it so I figured karma might work in my direction.

#17 4 years ago

When I first came to pinside...the very 1st post after the OP would have been someone sending that screw...........Joey

#18 4 years ago

P

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

When I first came to pinside...the very 1st post after the OP would have been someone sending that screw...........Joey

Pinside is light years away from what it was before.

#19 4 years ago

Geeze guys, I expected more from you all. I even posted what I needed.

Sorry we failed you.

These are the screws embedded in the playfield which hold the pop bumper bracket to the bottom side of the playfield.

That would have helped. "pop bumper screw" with threads, could be the ones holding the pop bumper cap on, holding the pop bumper body to the playfield, or what you actually needed. All of them have threads.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry we failed you.

That would have helped. "pop bumper screw" with threads, could be the ones holding the pop bumper cap on, holding the pop bumper body to the playfield, or what you actually needed. All of them have threads.

AHH it was late... lol. More detail next time. The freaking manual doesn't list that screw anywhere I can find so I was shooting from the hip.

#21 4 years ago

Glad someone was able to help.

Be careful when you put those in. I recommend pulling slowly from the bottom of play field with a nut. Instead of hammering in from the top side. And don't pull it in below flush as they can break easy.

#22 4 years ago

Give the guy a break. The ONLY Screw that made sense for the request was the shark fin screw. Nobody daring enough to tear down a pinball machine doesn't know where to get a standard screw for the cap or the body. Non-standard eg Sharkfin... not so easy.

Not to mention that the bastards have a way of breaking when being reinstalled due to accumulated fatigue... as has happened to me twice... and which happens to be exactly the worst effing time for them to do it if you don't have spares since you are happily on the build phase in a sequential process.

Now I keep four or five just in case.

Harry... I would have sent you one if I'd seen this in time.

ps. My mother lives in Oly. Would love to meet some pinheads up there when I visit!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Skarv:

Give the guy a break. The ONLY Screw that made sense for the request was the shark fin screw. Nobody daring enough to tear down a pinball machine doesn't know where to get a standard screw for the cap or the body. Non-standard eg Sharkfin... not so easy.
Not to mention that the bastards have a way of breaking when being reinstalled due to accumulated fatigue... as has happened to me twice... and which happens to be exactly the worst effing time for them to do it if you don't have spares since you are happily on the build phase in a sequential process.
Now I keep four or five just in case.
Harry... I would have sent you one if I'd seen this in time.
ps. My mother lives in Oly. Would love to meet some pinheads up there when I visit!

HAHA.. thanks! I give shit and take shit on here

Yeah, I was just planning on installing a playfield protector but now I might just do the whole playfield swap. Either way, hopefully I can use all the other fin screws. Hit me up anytime you're in the area!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Glad someone was able to help.
Be careful when you put those in. I recommend pulling slowly from the bottom of play field with a nut. Instead of hammering in from the top side. And don't pull it in below flush as they can break easy.

Heh.. sounds sensicle.

#25 4 years ago

Good on you. Thick skin is key online.

My pinball addiction started at the old Yard Birds in Olympia back in the 70's. Been finding it harder and harder to find good pins when visiting, but last time I was in town, I was at a new BBQ place on 5th... behind city hall, and to my amazement, they unloaded around 6 perfectly maintained pins. They hadn't finished setting up when I left, but I have to go back and check it out. Looks like my new go to place. Beer, BBQ and pins. What else can you ask for?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Skarv:

Good on you. Thick skin is key online.
My pinball addiction started at the old Yard Birds in Olympia back in the 70's. Been finding it harder and harder to find good pins when visiting, but last time I was in town, I was at a new BBQ place on 5th... behind city hall, and to my amazement, they unloaded around 6 perfectly maintained pins. They hadn't finished setting up when I left, but I have to go back and check it out. Looks like my new go to place. Beer, BBQ and pins. What else can you ask for?

Wow.. I moved here not too long ago, 5 years or something, so I wasn't around then. That is The Pig (pig bar and south sound bbq or something like that) and they just added those games. That is probably the biggest collection in town. If you can make your way to Tacoma you should hit up Triple Knock. Pinbar with 25 or so nicely maintained games. If you want the arcade experience, down the street is Dorky's Arcade. Not as well maintained, kids all around, etc. but a big collection. Seattle pinball museum has a nice collection too, or if you can drive down to Portland you'd be in heaven. At least 3 excellent places with a ton of games, Quarterworld, Next Level (huge freeplay collection) and Ground Kontrol (is ok).

But yes, love the pig.. great BBQ and you can't beat that combination.

Oh.. and I lived in CA for 30 years and my wife was born in Antioch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-bum-a-pop-bumper-screw-off-someone- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.