• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hello,
I'm working on a BOPP restauration (which I'm documenting but will start a thread on when I'm closer to the finish line), and I just finished transferring the lamp sockets from the old PF to the restaured one.
Now, ideally I'd like to tackle all the lamps, then all the switches, then all the coils. Can the harness be separated that way (all lighting, then all switches then all coils) or is it one big thing and it's an all or nothing deal?
Are there any tricks to doing this kind of transfer?

#2 7 years ago

Your game. Do what you think is easiest.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Honestly, it turns into one big mess of spaghetti.

I only take apart the harness if I have to replace damaged wiring. And even then, only a couple zip ties at a time.

The harness keeps its shape, which can help with placement later. If you take the harness apart, then the shape usually gets altered in the process.

That said, take a look at some of the HEP restoration threads, such as the recent ones for TAF and Medusa. I belive the new sockets were added to the playfield first followed by the common wire/braid, then after the harness was put back on the playfield, the old sockets were removed, and the wires soldered to the new ones.

#4 7 years ago

Thank you, that's exactly the information I was looking for.
I'll keep 'em whole then, and I guess I'll just take a whole lot more pics and tag most everything.

Thanks to you too LTG, but I kinda figured I was allowed to do what I want with my game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-harnesses-be-separated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.