(Topic ID: 254386)

Can EL paper be cut to shape?

By MustangPaul

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0097 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a Star Wars plastic sign that I want to light up and would like to know if el paper be cut to shape to put on the back and light it up.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks northvibe those 2 were really informative. The second one shows exactly what to do. The sign is big so it will be an expensive exp. but it really does need to be lit.

#6 4 years ago

It's 23x11. The boarder around it is solid black and no light shines through it which is perfect cuz it gives me an area to tape the el to.

IMGA0097 (resized).JPGIMGA0097 (resized).JPG
    #9 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

Personally I would stay away from EL paper because it's usually very noisy.
    I would lean more toward something LED illuminated, either something like what grumpy suggested or an edge-lit Light Guide Panel.
    https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/light-guide-panel.html

Yes that would work nice but it would have to be cut in that shape.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-el-paper-be-cut-to-shape?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.