Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Trooper11040
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Ive adjusted the trunk eddy board on my TOM basically every day. I had the Pinbits version, which i actually returned because I felt it was also to sensitive, but no adjustment. Basically what I am saying is, the board is so sensitive, that it won't even take the 4th hit onto the trunk to start the illusion. I will hit it 3 times...as the trunk is spinning, the illusion is beginning. Its not in the settings...its actually the board. I am wondering if the physical sensor under the trunk is actually starting to go, and if that is even possible? I am debating on changing out the pot adjustment with a new pot...figure this one is 20 years old and probably has tons of oxidation build up as well as just not being able to hold anymore. Anyone just change the sensor instead and not the actual eddy board?

Daniel

#2 5 years ago

I have replaced both pots on my RS as I was having similar problems. It has been working perfectly for several years since.

#3 5 years ago

where did you buy the pots from?

#4 5 years ago

Local electronic parts shop. More about the pot type:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-buyers-checklist

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Can Eddy Sensor be too sensitive?

He always was in middle school.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He always was in middle school.

hahahaha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside