(Topic ID: 220624)

Can Distributors Do Discounts On Group Machine Buys?

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I'm looking at possibly buying a Medeival Madness machine (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tng-or-medieval-madness-remake-first-machine-unique-backgro) and asked my boss who is also into pinball for advice. He voted Medieval Madness Remake, and mentioned that if I got one, he'd drive up with me with his truck to pick it up with me as he was looking to get the Attack From Mars Remake. How firm are the MSRPs on new machines? Do you think we could get a discount on buying 2 together? If so, how much would you ask for? Distributors got to make money too, but would $500 off per machine seem like a reasonable request?

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm looking at possibly buying a Medeival Madness machine (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tng-or-medieval-madness-remake-first-machine-unique-backgro) and asked my boss who is also into pinball for advice. He voted Medieval Madness Remake, and mentioned that if I got one, he'd drive up with me with his truck to pick it up with me as he was looking to get the Attack From Mars Remake. How firm are the MSRPs on new machines? Do you think we could get a discount on buying 2 together? If so, how much would you ask for? Distributors got to make money too, but would $500 off per machine seem like a reasonable request?

not gonna happen. you can shop around and get lower than MSRP but not a huge amount and their is a floor that the distros have to sell no lower than.

#3 5 years ago

A distributor may not advertise a price lower than the MAP price.

But, they can sell you an item for any price they want to.

BOSE learned than many years ago when it tried to keep it's dealers from selling plastic speakers too cheaply - and the feds let them know that the law says that controlling the final sales price is illegal Price Fixing.

So get on the phone and start calling around....

#4 5 years ago

There is a minimum price that distributors can sell a machine for, across the board. If distributors sell below this agreed upon price, then they are in breach of distribution agreement and could face penalties. Therefore, if you call around for the lowest price, you will likely get the same number by numerous people. So unfortunately, no discounts for multiple purchases. That being said, I would call around for pricing though because you don’t want to spend high end retail for those machines either

#5 5 years ago

The MSRP for these machines seems to be around $8000 for Medieval Madness and I can't seem to find one for Attack From Mars. What price would you guys ask for over the phone? I'm new to "Retail Pinball" and don't have the slightest clue how much negotiating room I have.

#6 5 years ago

The MSRP for these machines seems to be around $8000 for Medieval Madness and I can't seem to find one for Attack From Mars. What price would you guys ask for over the phone? I'm new to "Retail Pinball" and don't have the slightest clue how much negotiating room I have.

What models of mmr and afmr are you interested in?

#7 5 years ago

There is no price you ask for. MM remake is $8k. AFM remake depends on the model, I think $6500/$7300/$8000. Shipping amd tax not included. Might be cheaper to buy from out-of-state and ship depending on the local taxes.

#8 5 years ago

Anyone that quotes you higher should be avoided. If you want cheaper you'll have to find a used one. A bought a nearly-new MMR from a friend for $7400.

#9 5 years ago

The local real distributor (you know the one that sells pins for cash, does not do mail order or shipping) sells MMr for well under $8000 to ops, but ops are not buying single games.

Remember, your credit card is costing the distributor $300, shipping is costing them $400 (plus $100 for each extra game in the shipment).

If you know what's up, you can buy from Vinny himself, or add to another ops order so he gets a bigger discount.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-distributors-do-discounts-on-group-machine-buys?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.