Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-2.jpeg
    Metallica.jpg
    IMG_7874-M.jpg
    ls2main_large.jpg
    images.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    boutique.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I think what gets lost in the pre-orders is that it is not always about getting money to design a game, it can be more about measuring demand to determine the game can be built profitably. Riot is not using any pre-order money to design the game, they will only touch that money when production starts. However, Scott needs to know there is enough demand, otherwise the risk is huge to him to put out that kind of money and find it does not sell. So ultimately there needs to be a balance. I totally understand when someone does not want to per-order and put money down on a company with no track record, but I don't think you can say that Riot/Scott is using that as a 2-3 year interest free loan.

Thanks Josh. My point exactly. We showed up at Expo this year with essentially a complete game (minus background music) that literally hundreds of people got to play and enjoy. We don't need 2-more years to develop the game - the design is ready. In reality we have a 6 month plan to build games - order parts, get playfields made, establish manufacturing process, quality control standards, etc. The reality is we don't have $500K sitting around to buy the parts to build the games. If we did we'd be building games right now. I think that's the biggest difference between Riot Pinball and many of these others - we're ready to start building, just need the financial backing.

#114 9 years ago

The other thing people can take into consideration is the reason people go into business. For those that decide to risk it all, and go out and get that enormous level of debt, they expect payback and a significant return on that investment. For them it's about making money and trying to procure wealth. In my case and in the case of a lot of other people starting their own projects, we've made these pins because we love pinball and wanted to make a cool game to share with people - not to make loads of money. Just look at Skit-B - they're most likely coming close to losing money on Predator but they're moving ahead with it anyway because it's a game they are passionate about and started out the same way - they wanted to make a cool game because they love pinball and loved the Predator theme.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-boutique-pinball-survive?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.