Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dgarrett
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-2.jpeg
    Metallica.jpg
    IMG_7874-M.jpg
    ls2main_large.jpg
    images.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    boutique.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

I think you can argue the pre-order concept until you are blue in the face (and it has been in the DP thread). I agree that you need to know that those pre-ordering are serious and a deposit of a $1000 isn't a bad idea - separates out the tire kickers. But where I get hung up is the next phase - as you noted, you are ready to build games, you just don't have the financial backing. The customers shouldn't have to take on that financial risk. If you believe in your product (which you obviously do), then it's up to you to secure the funds through a traditional loan, build the game at your risk and then say - "Hey guys, games are done, boxed up and ready to ship, who wants one?!"
    Nate shied away from using the term in his recent podcast, but pre-orders are asking customers to basically gamble with thousands of dollars. If a company goes belly-up there is little chance the pre-order money will ever be refunded. There is no legal binding contract, just a 'handshake' through PayPal or some other online payment method.
    Obviously its not as cut and dry as that, but you get my point. And don't get me wrong, I want all independent/small build pinball companies to survive (well, maybe not VD). I just think this pre-order system the pinball world has created is really flawed. Again, my opinion, and people can do what they want with their money.
    I really truly like what I see in WOOLY and is one game I'd like to own in the future once I get a chance to see it in person and play. Guess that may or may not happen based on if you hit your pre-orders or not. Would love to see it at the 2015 Pinball Showdown in Denver.

Can I ask -- How easy is it for a guy with a small business, and $50K in deposits on expected gross sales of $400K to walk into a bank and ask for a ... $500K loan?

-mof

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

A $500K loan is pretty easy to get with $1MM of collateral

Ok, so all I need to secure a $500K business loan is:

1. Put up $500K in assets as collateral
    http://www.ehow.com/how_6063619_business-loan-_500_000.html

That easy, eh?
    -mof

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-boutique-pinball-survive?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.