(Topic ID: 304210)

Can anyone tell me what angle the flippers are at for Stern games?

By Anony

66 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 66 days ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 66 days ago

I'm working on a 3d print and was wondering if anyone knew off hand what angle the flippers sit at relative to eachother, and if this angle is the same for all newer stern games?

Thanks!

#2 66 days ago

Depends on the designer and/or game. Some like Deadpool & Ghostbusters are on the droopy side. Steve Ritchie games seem to have a flatter angle.

#3 66 days ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Depends on the designer and/or game. Some like Deadpool & Ghostbusters are on the droopy side. Steve Ritchie games seem to have a flatter angle.

Great, if they're not all the same I'd better measure it manually. Just what I need to know, thanks!

#4 66 days ago

There's a slight indentation in the playfield near the tip of the flipper. Those should line up with the dead center of the bat. Which is good to know, because sometimes they're installed a bit off at the factory, or folks replace flipper bats and mess up the angle, etc.

Note that this is different from other manufacturers like Williams, who had alignment holes below flipper bats, not at the tip.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside