• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150507_172925.jpg
20150506_211719.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Anyone have any clue how rare this cyclone is? It has a bunch of stamps numbering everything on the playfield and it has this weird wear that shows what appears to be hand drawn art underneath. (It continues under the paint, it's not just bad touch ups.)

20150506_211719.jpg20150506_211719.jpg 20150507_172925.jpg20150507_172925.jpg
#2 8 years ago

The handwriting underneath was on mine as well, so I think that was standard. Can't talk to what's under your wear.

#3 8 years ago

I could also use a picture of the flipper coils. Mine were fairly hacked in there.

#4 8 years ago

I sold mine a few years ago. If I can find any pics from when I shopped it out, I'll send them your way.

#5 8 years ago

I have seen another Cyclone that has writing underneath the playfield as well.

#6 8 years ago

Bottom photo has 'REV; Preliminary.' Revision, this playfield could of been a white wood, that could also been finished off to be placed into a pre production machine.

#7 8 years ago

I just picked up a Cyclone yesterday and it also has this exact writing on the bottom of the playfield.

#8 8 years ago

The writing on the backside of the playfield is nothing unusual for Cyclone. I've now seen 10 like this (including yours) and have heard countless more say theirs have it as well.

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=617&picno=10782&zoom=1

Seems Williams was experimenting with the idea of labeling components at the bottom of the playfield but I've not seen another Williams game that had printing like this on the bottom. Every one I've seen also says "Preliminary".

Have no clue what's under your wear. Tempted to strip some of the paint off my old playfield to see what's there...

viperrwk

#9 8 years ago

I have to agree, writing underneath is standard. I have 2 Cyclones and an NOS playfield, (waiting for 10+ years to be installed) all of them are the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-anyone-tell-me-about-this-cyclone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.