Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Krupps4
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0585F88B-C7C8-4BA2-9CED-F93143641E6F (resized).jpeg
    B25A8F82-CCD7-4A18-BC13-78FC5D79D5AD (resized).jpeg
    QS (resized).jpg
    20200812_155714 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 4.59.48 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4221 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4220 (resized).JPG
    1F61A905-DAAD-4BF4-B931-10DA63995728 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Can anyone identify this pin? I’ll save the long story, but it’s sitting in a house that’s been on the market and the realtor thinks the sellers will part with it. I just can’t make it out. Thanks in advance for the help.

1F61A905-DAAD-4BF4-B931-10DA63995728 (resized).jpeg1F61A905-DAAD-4BF4-B931-10DA63995728 (resized).jpeg
    #4 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

....... looks like a quicksilver to me

It couldn’t be... Could it? That would be too lucky, but it’s certainly a possibility. So hard to tell.

#6 3 years ago

I thought so at first, but I kind of think that it isn’t. BSD as more red in the lower right of the back glass.

#12 3 years ago

Thanks everyone! It has the potential to be a great score. Assuming there is an end to the story, I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I want ot say Quicksilver. But the black on the cab does not look right to me.
    Here is my left side cab.
    [quoted image]
    And my right side.
    [quoted image]
    The back glass is hard to tell. It looks close, but I am not positive.
    [quoted image]

Yeah. I totally agree. Definitely not a sure thing, but maybe... Whatever it is it will be a fun little adventure.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

What appears to be displays, do not line up with the white orb in the Quicksilver artwork.
    I'm not so sure that is even a display in the center, as it doesn't size up to what appears to be a display at the bottom of the headbox.[quoted image]

If not a Quicksilver, then what do you think it is? Just curious if you had another theory or if you are just sure it’s not a Quicksilver.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

What’s the address? I’ll go check it out.

#23 3 years ago

Most would think you aren’t being serious but you are probably right. I actually considered that before posting.

#27 3 years ago

Yes. That’s excellent work

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I am serious. Some guys are ruthless when it comes to pinball. Last year someone posted in the MI forum he had someone that wanted to sell him a WH20. He also said that they were desperate to got it out of the house because they were moving. He couldn't get here for a few days and wondered if anyone could grab it for him. Within an hour some people were spamming CL with "Wanted White Water cash in hand" ads.

I totally get it and agree. I just don’t know how anyone could figure it out.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

With the back glass pic caparison, it is looking like you stumbled onto a Quicksilver. I hope it works for you to get it.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that. I’m working on it and really love the classic Sterns. Like I said in earlier post, I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

If you get it, I would like to hear the long story on how you stumbled onto this. Your pic almost make it look like you were playing Peeping Tom
    I'll try not to be jealous
    P.S. you need to add Catacomb to your wishlist.

There’s a guy in town that contacted me with a Catacomb. I tried to buy it from him, but I don’t think he’s really interested in selling. He just wants to dangle it in front on me. However, I’ll be patient with him. You never know.

#44 3 years ago

I don’t have the connection with the realtor. A friend of mine does. I told them I’d take whatever it is. I should hear tomorrow. Fingers crossed, but my friend thinks they just want to get rid of it.

#46 3 years ago

So, here’s the update. So close, yet at the same time so far. The pin has been sitting in an unsold house for almost three years. Must have an emotional attachment to it. Anyway, I’ll stay in touch and see if he ever changes his mind. Thanks everyone. On to the next one!

0585F88B-C7C8-4BA2-9CED-F93143641E6F (resized).jpeg0585F88B-C7C8-4BA2-9CED-F93143641E6F (resized).jpeg

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Dang. So close.

I just keep swinging. Sometimes I hit, sometimes I don’t. Everyone told me he wanted to get rid of it. The only person that wasn’t aware of that was the owner!

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Never found out the title?

I didn’t and didn’t ask. Like I said before, I told him I’d take whatever it was. Seeing he’s had it for 35 years and based on all the great Pinside analysis, I think the odds are that it’s a Quicksilver.

#53 3 years ago

One more update. I did some digging on the guy. He founded a company called Quicksilver, so I’m now sure it’s a Quicksilver pin.

#58 3 years ago

That’s great advice and that’s the approach I took. I pitch for business all the time and sometimes I win it and sometimes I don’t. It never makes sense to burn bridges because the work I don’t get sometimes comes back to me. Hopefully, that will be the case here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-anyone-identify-this-pin?tu=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.