Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Krupps4
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0585F88B-C7C8-4BA2-9CED-F93143641E6F (resized).jpeg
    B25A8F82-CCD7-4A18-BC13-78FC5D79D5AD (resized).jpeg
    QS (resized).jpg
    20200812_155714 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 4.59.48 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4221 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4220 (resized).JPG
    1F61A905-DAAD-4BF4-B931-10DA63995728 (resized).jpeg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Can anyone identify this pin? I’ll save the long story, but it’s sitting in a house that’s been on the market and the realtor thinks the sellers will part with it. I just can’t make it out. Thanks in advance for the help.

1F61A905-DAAD-4BF4-B931-10DA63995728 (resized).jpeg1F61A905-DAAD-4BF4-B931-10DA63995728 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

Devils dare?

#3 3 years ago

....... looks like a quicksilver to me

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

It couldn’t be... Could it? That would be too lucky, but it’s certainly a possibility. So hard to tell.

#6 3 years ago

I thought so at first, but I kind of think that it isn’t. BSD as more red in the lower right of the back glass.

#7 3 years ago

I agree it’s Quicksilver. Silver and black cab. Pink and green bg. You are looking at the left side and can just see the left edge of the coin door.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

3rd that motion. Looks to be a Quicksilver if so that’s some damn good luck!

#9 3 years ago

I think it is a quicksilver, BUT, the photo looks reversed / mirror image.

#10 3 years ago

Quicksilver was my first thought too. Hope you can pull off a sweet pick up!

#11 3 years ago

That is some serious pin hunting right there.... Love it!

#12 3 years ago

Thanks everyone! It has the potential to be a great score. Assuming there is an end to the story, I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

#13 3 years ago

I want ot say Quicksilver. But the black on the cab does not look right to me.

Here is my left side cab.

IMG_4220 (resized).JPGIMG_4220 (resized).JPG

And my right side.

IMG_4221 (resized).JPGIMG_4221 (resized).JPG

The back glass is hard to tell. It looks close, but I am not positive.

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 4.59.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-12 at 4.59.48 PM (resized).png

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I want ot say Quicksilver. But the black on the cab does not look right to me.
    Here is my left side cab.
    [quoted image]
    And my right side.
    [quoted image]
    The back glass is hard to tell. It looks close, but I am not positive.
    [quoted image]

Yeah. I totally agree. Definitely not a sure thing, but maybe... Whatever it is it will be a fun little adventure.

#15 3 years ago

Looking at it again I think you can see the right side of the coin door. There appears to be a lighter spot that looks like the beehive and the black spot that kinda looks like an arrow pointing to the right just above the right leg.

And I think the machine is at an angle so you are looking across the machine from the right front corner to the left rear corner. That would be consistent with the green on the lower half of the bg and the curvature of the pink at the top where the Stern logo would be.

#16 3 years ago

Do you have the same image but not as zoomed in? Edit: Nevermind, I did my own adjusting.

I dont think it is a Quicksilver.

#17 3 years ago

Anybody want to put money on it? I’m 95% sure it’s QS.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Anybody want to put money on it? I’m 95% sure it’s QS.

What appears to be displays, do not line up with the white orb in the Quicksilver artwork.

I'm not so sure that is even a display in the center, as it doesn't size up to what appears to be a display at the bottom of the headbox.

20200812_155714 (resized).jpg20200812_155714 (resized).jpg
    #19 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

What appears to be displays, do not line up with the white orb in the Quicksilver artwork.
    I'm not so sure that is even a display in the center, as it doesn't size up to what appears to be a display at the bottom of the headbox.[quoted image]

If not a Quicksilver, then what do you think it is? Just curious if you had another theory or if you are just sure it’s not a Quicksilver.

#20 3 years ago

What’s the address? I’ll go check it out.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

What’s the address? I’ll go check it out.

#22 3 years ago

There are probably 20 guys calling all the realtors in your area right now. Not to mention combing through zillow, realtor, etc.

#23 3 years ago

Most would think you aren’t being serious but you are probably right. I actually considered that before posting.

#24 3 years ago

Here's a comparison of the relevant areas of the backglass. If it isn't a QS, I don't know what else it could be. Better snatch it up quick!

QS (resized).jpgQS (resized).jpg
    #25 3 years ago

Nah it’s probably this gem that’s on CL down the road from me

B25A8F82-CCD7-4A18-BC13-78FC5D79D5AD (resized).jpegB25A8F82-CCD7-4A18-BC13-78FC5D79D5AD (resized).jpeg
    #26 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Here's a comparison of the relevant areas of the backglass.

Nice work!

#27 3 years ago

Yes. That’s excellent work

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Most would think you aren’t being serious but you are probably right. I actually considered that before posting.

I am serious. Some guys are ruthless when it comes to pinball. Last year someone posted in the MI forum he had someone that wanted to sell him a WH20. He also said that they were desperate to got it out of the house because they were moving. He couldn't get here for a few days and wondered if anyone could grab it for him. Within an hour some people were spamming CL with "Wanted White Water cash in hand" ads.

#29 3 years ago

That’s what I was saying. Hobby people are ruthless!

#30 3 years ago

+1 for QS. That was my first thought too!

#31 3 years ago

I almost feel like you’re trolling Pinside!

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I am serious. Some guys are ruthless when it comes to pinball. Last year someone posted in the MI forum he had someone that wanted to sell him a WH20. He also said that they were desperate to got it out of the house because they were moving. He couldn't get here for a few days and wondered if anyone could grab it for him. Within an hour some people were spamming CL with "Wanted White Water cash in hand" ads.

I totally get it and agree. I just don’t know how anyone could figure it out.

#33 3 years ago

Challenge accepted Oh wait, no ,I have a life.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I totally get it and agree. I just don’t know how anyone could figure it out.

With the back glass pic caparison, it is looking like you stumbled onto a Quicksilver. I hope it works for you to get it.

#35 3 years ago

King Kong

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

With the back glass pic caparison, it is looking like you stumbled onto a Quicksilver. I hope it works for you to get it.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that. I’m working on it and really love the classic Sterns. Like I said in earlier post, I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate that. I’m working on it and really love the classic Sterns. Like I said in earlier post, I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

If you get it, I would like to hear the long story on how you stumbled onto this. Your pic almost make it look like you were playing Peeping Tom

I'll try not to be jealous

P.S. you need to add Catacomb to your wishlist.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

If you get it, I would like to hear the long story on how you stumbled onto this. Your pic almost make it look like you were playing Peeping Tom
    I'll try not to be jealous
    P.S. you need to add Catacomb to your wishlist.

There’s a guy in town that contacted me with a Catacomb. I tried to buy it from him, but I don’t think he’s really interested in selling. He just wants to dangle it in front on me. However, I’ll be patient with him. You never know.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Here's a comparison of the relevant areas of the backglass. If it isn't a QS, I don't know what else it could be. Better snatch it up quick!
    [quoted image]

Thats a good comparison.

I think i was just looking too much into the fact that I can't see the Quicksilver logo where it would typically be, but then again, it is super grainy and is probably just blending in with the red background.

#40 3 years ago

Maybe it’s a Queen prototype

#41 3 years ago

Stupid question.....but why not just ask the realtor to inquire what the machine is with the homeowner?

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Stupid question.....but why not just ask the realtor to inquire what the machine is with the homeowner?

Best to ask if it is for sale and play dumb.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Don't show your hand with too much interest. All they need to know is it's in their way and the OP will get that obstructive thing out of their life for good.

#44 3 years ago

I don’t have the connection with the realtor. A friend of mine does. I told them I’d take whatever it is. I should hear tomorrow. Fingers crossed, but my friend thinks they just want to get rid of it.

#45 3 years ago

That’s 100% a Quicksilver you luck dog!

#46 3 years ago

So, here’s the update. So close, yet at the same time so far. The pin has been sitting in an unsold house for almost three years. Must have an emotional attachment to it. Anyway, I’ll stay in touch and see if he ever changes his mind. Thanks everyone. On to the next one!

0585F88B-C7C8-4BA2-9CED-F93143641E6F (resized).jpeg0585F88B-C7C8-4BA2-9CED-F93143641E6F (resized).jpeg

#47 3 years ago

Dang. So close.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Dang. So close.

I just keep swinging. Sometimes I hit, sometimes I don’t. Everyone told me he wanted to get rid of it. The only person that wasn’t aware of that was the owner!

#49 3 years ago

If the house is empty and no one is around....

#50 3 years ago

Summary: realtor talking out their a$$

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-anyone-identify-this-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.