(Topic ID: 202515)

Can anyone explain how the scoring works after ball drain?

By Bruce

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you understand how score multipliers work at the end of a ball?”

• Yes 7 votes
    70%
  • No 3 votes
    30%

(10 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Can anyone explain how the scoring works after you have drained a ball on a modern stern?

I have a stern star trek and I would love to know how the various score pop ups and bonus multipliers etc work at the end of a ball...

Thanks Pinside!

#2 6 years ago

Usually during game play you add points or multipliers to your “bonus”. the bonus gets totaled at the end of your ball when it drains and is added to your total. If you tilt and drain the ball you lose your bonus that’s associated with that balls play. Some games allow you to claim your bonus early with a special shot.

I don’t know the specifics for Star Trek but that’s the basics

#3 6 years ago

I've never paid attention to the detail of what drives the end-of-ball bonus base values on ST Stern, but I believe it's a combination of switch hits, modes played, medals earned, and warp ramps hit. I typically don't find the bonus in ST Stern to be all that significant.

The BonusX is the usual: complete the top three lanes for BonusX that applies to that ball. Your BonusX resets between balls. I don't know if the Black Hole mystery award ever awards Hold BonusX.

There is not a comprehensive rule sheet on ST Stern that I'm aware of.

For other info on shot values, etc, check here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-interest-in-a-stern-star-trek-rulesinfo-doc
Some other info: http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456

#4 6 years ago

There is a complete interactive rule sheet for Star Trek in Stern Pinball Arcade.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

There is a complete interactive rule sheet for Star Trek in Stern Pinball Arcade.

Is this true to the physical machine as far as you're aware?

I don't suppose you have a copy of this. Or is it a case of getting pinball arcade..

Okay so we're not sure exactly what contributes to the bonus value - but likely a combination of medals etc - and it's the top three lanes multipliers that you rack up, that determine the multiplier on the total bonus amount

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Okay so we're not sure exactly what contributes to the bonus value - but likely a combination of medals etc - and it's the top three lanes multipliers that you rack up, that determine the multiplier on the total bonus amount

You got it.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

And keep in mind that the bonus on ST Stern is typically pretty insignificant relative to the point scoring from modes (particular the GAT values and level 2/3 modes), and multiballs. Other than for the sake of minutia, I wouldn't spend much time trying to understand the derivation of end-of-ball bonus value on ST Stern.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

And keep in mind that the bonus on ST Stern is typically pretty insignificant relative to the point scoring from modes (particular the GAT values and level 2/3 modes), and multiballs. Other than for the sake of minutia, I wouldn't spend much time trying to understand the derivation of end-of-ball bonus value on ST Stern.

Yeah I would just try to get your bonus multiplier up as high as possible. Can get 20-30 million that way. Nothing to sneeze at.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-anyone-explain-how-the-scoring-works-after-ball-drain?hl=clempo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.