Can and will Sterns do a Guns N Roses VE?

(Topic ID: 147960)

Can and will Sterns do a Guns N Roses VE?

By dannunz

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dumb_and_Dumber_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Now that the band has announced a date will sterns take advantage of the situation? Do they have the rights to produce it? Can they build a wide body? What about the old Data East board set? Will the value of my original GNR be effected?

#2 2 years ago

Yeah I'm sure that 20-year old licensing deal is still valid, and that they can just start pumping those games out again with all the wide body cabs and gnr parts they have laying around.

A no-brainer!

People with gnrs should slash their prices as their originals will be worthless shortly.

#3 2 years ago

Stern would say "Anything is possible". Why would they make a widebody, high BOM game, with old parts, DE boards, where people would expect a sound upgrade to be on par with modern games when they could just re-run Tron or Spiderman?

I think your investment game is safe.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Stern would say "Anything is possible". Why would they make a widebody, high BOM game, with old parts, DE boards, where people would expect a sound upgrade to be on par with modern games when they could just re-run Tron or spiderman?
    I think your investment game is safe.

Actually GNR was produced In stereo sound correct? Making the old Data East sound system equal if not better than today's Sterns sound.

#5 2 years ago

Stereo isn't everything.

The overall sound quality on those games was absolutely atrocious, embarrassing in comparison to the Williams stuff at the time.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Actually GNR was produced In stereo sound correct? Making the old Data East sound system equal if not better than today's Sterns sound.

Hahahaa suuuuure. Listen to the sound on any SAM Stern game and then go listen to GNR and tell me which is better. Stereo on a DE doesn't mean anything other than 2 channels of garbled low quality shit.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Hahahaa suuuuure. Listen to the sound on any SAM Stern game and then go listen to GNR and tell me which is better. Stereo on a DE doesn't mean anything other than 2 channels of garbled low quality shit.

How cool would it be if Sterns made a deal with Pinsound to have all the new GNR games come with their sound board.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

How cool would it be if Sterns made a deal with Pinsound to have all the new GNR games come with their sound board.

So why are people going to buy this $8000 GnR over a DE GnR?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I'm sure that 20-year old licensing deal is still valid, and that they can just start pumping those games out again with all the wide body cabs and gnr parts they have laying around.
    A no-brainer!
    People with gnrs should slash their prices as their originals will be worthless shortly.

Why are you always grumpy?

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

He's just the forum realist.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

They wouldn't have to. If Stern were to revisit GNR at this point, they'd just re-do it on Spike and it would have perfect crystal clear stereo sound.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Now that the band has announced a date will sterns take advantage of the situation? Do they have the rights to produce it? Can they build a wide body? What about the old Data East board set? Will the value of my original GNR be effected?

no

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stereo isn't everything.
    The overall sound quality on those games was absolutely atrocious, embarrassing in comparison to the Williams stuff at the time.

Not just stereo. *Digital* stereo.

image_(resized).jpeg

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

Because I don't spend enough time in New Orleans.

Why are people here always asking stupid questions?

#15 2 years ago

I would love to see it, but I'd never expect to see it.

#16 2 years ago

What is this "Sterns" you keep mentioning?

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Listen to the sound on any SAM Stern game and then go listen to GNR and tell me which is better.

Sound quality on my Tron was just terrible. Not that GnR was much better, but it was. They sat next to each other in my gameroom.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because I don't spend enough time in New Orleans.
    Why are people here always asking stupid questions?

Know how you feel. OP is either an over enthusiastic noob or had one too many and failed to think before asking. Sadly, there are way too many of these pointless threads.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sound quality on my Tron was just terrible. Not that GnR was much better, but it was. They sat next to each other in my gameroom.

Then you had a broken Tron. Most consider Tron to be one of the best sounding games.

#20 2 years ago

I'm still waiting for my Motorhead game...

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I'm still waiting for my Motorhead game...

RIP Lemmy

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Then you had a broken Tron. Most consider Tron to be one of the best sounding games.

It was an LE and sounded just like the others I played. Bad.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Unless you buy a inbound board

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It was an LE and sounded just like the others I played. Bad.

Maybe you don't like Daft Punk. Your opinion of the music is irrelevant to the sound quality, which is excellent on Tron and every other SAM title....undeniably better than any DE game. ACDC, Metallica and Tron are playing actual master tracks. DE games were incapable of this - it was a mix of MIDI & low-quality samples.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Your opinion of the music is irrelevant to the sound quality,

The music is fine. It is the crackly sound that I noticed. And it wasn't just mine.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The music is fine. It is the crackly sound that I noticed. And it wasn't just mine.

That's Daft Punk. It's intentional.

#27 2 years ago

Now you tell me! I upgraded the sound system and everything!

#28 2 years ago

Not nobody...Not no how!!!

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That's Daft Punk. It's intentional.

It is? Daft Punk does sometimes use strange sounds in their music, but none that I noticed present in Tron. Never hear any crackly-ness in the ones I've played on route.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Never hear any crackly-ness in the ones I've played on route

It's kind of in the background. The louder it is the more you notice it. I just thought it was crappy sound system or recording but Hero says it's normal.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's kind of in the background. The louder it is the more you notice it. I just thought it was crappy sound system or recording but Hero says it's normal.

Yeah how do you explain it - it's just a style of rough industrial sampling. It's not supposed to sound pristine. If you find the same tracks from the movie score and crank them up, you'll hear the same thing.

#32 2 years ago

Just called Stern. Was told "not in their current plans".

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah how do you explain it - it's just a style of rough industrial sampling. It's not supposed to sound pristine. If you find the same tracks from the movie score and crank them up, you'll hear the same thing.

What I'm thinking of as crackly is like the type of sound you get when an audio plug is making loose connection with the connector. So I'm guessing what you guys are referring to is some effect of the music that I'm just use to from listening to music like that, rather than the type of issue I'm thinking of.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A no-brainer!

You said "slash"...pun intended? ; )

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

What I'm thinking of as crackly is like the type of sound you get when an audio plug is making loose connection with the connector. So I'm guessing what you guys are referring to is some effect of the music that I'm just use to from listening to music like that, rather than the type of issue I'm thinking of.

Neither my Tron LE nor my previous pro had any crackly static sounds and blew away any sound from GnR. Plus there are tons of other Sam games all sound good. The sound sample rate on Sam is so much better than on the data east. This is a ridiculous statement you're making here Odin.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Just called Stern. Was told "not in their current plans".

So they did not rule out that it might be in their future plans?

Dumb_and_Dumber_(resized).png

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

This is a ridiculous statement you're making here Odin.

Dude I've got good ears and I know what I hear. The point is moot though as the sound coming out of my Judge Dredd is better than both of those.

#38 2 years ago

Guns & Roses VE would be huge! Please Stern, get a clue!

#39 2 years ago

There is apparently a question as to who owns the rights to the DE catalog. If that's true, there isn't even a chance.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

There is apparently a question as to who owns the rights to the DE catalog. If that's true, there isn't even a chance.

There is? Who could claim ownership besides Stern?

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

the sound coming out of my Judge Dredd is better than both of those.

Strongly disagree with that as well.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

There is? Who could claim ownership besides Stern?

Data East Japan?

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Dude I've got good ears and I know what I hear. The point is moot though as the sound coming out of my Judge Dredd is better than both of those.

But none of this electronic non-sense can beat the true beauty of the purely acoustic sounds coming out of your Big Daddy and other EMs

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

But none of this electronic non-sense can beat the true beauty of the purely acoustic sounds coming out of your Big Daddy and other EMs

O-din's chimes are in digital stereo!

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I was getting to that. I do prefer live music.

Quoted from markmon:

Strongly disagree with that as well.

And that is your right as an American. Doesn't it make ya proud!

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

O-din's chimes are in digital stereo!

All bells now. But when we've got four going at once it's like quadraphonic, man.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Data East Japan?

They went bankrupt in 2003.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 40.00
    $ 9.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    € 45.00
    Boards
    FLIPPROJETS
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 6.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside