(Topic ID: 241637)

Can a green DMD from an Avengers Hulk go in a Ghostbusters?

By Sinistarrett

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Sinistarrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

Is the DMD compatible between these two games?

#2 4 months ago

Doubt it, pretty sure Hulk is just a green filter over a plasma dmd, GB is led,

#3 4 months ago

The green display is LED, and has a green filter. Avengers blue used a red led. So it seems like it would work.

#4 4 months ago

Finding conflicting info online. Ive read about some people swapping a green DMD into GB, but not sure if its the same green DMD from avengers. Emailed Stern but no response. If anyone knows for sure, please chime in, thanks.

#5 4 months ago

Else consider a PIN2DMD configured to (shades of) green. Or a proper Color DMD (http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-ghostbusters-pinball-machine/)?

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Is the DMD compatible between these two games?

Yes it will work. Both are LED DMDs. Only difference is the LED blocks installed in each.

I actually took a red DMD, removed all the LEDs and installed green LEDs for my Ghostbusters before the Color DMD came out for it.

If you have the green DMD, go for it. If you have to buy one, I would strongly suggest putting the money towards a Color DMD for this game. It is pretty awesome!

#7 4 months ago

Awesome thanks Schwaggs. I got the used green hulk DMD cheap, its being mailed to me already. After I bought it I started thinking I should have made sure it was gonna work in GB first, so glad to hear that it will.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Awesome thanks Schwaggs. I got the used green hulk DMD cheap, its being mailed to me already. After I bought it I started thinking I should have made sure it was gonna work in GB first, so glad to hear that it will.

This sounds cool. Make sure you post some photo/videos etc so we can see how it looks.

#9 4 months ago

The answer is yes, plug and play. Looks good!

image (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside