(Topic ID: 128674)

Can a code update really improve a bad pin?

By str8cash

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BMore-Pinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

troll1.png
theory.jpg
Eggbert_300.png
zu0duy9a.png
download.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Just install the Oursler special on TWD. I personally love the flipper center post. Adds another level of chaos whether you should trust it or not. It really is like 50/50 on saves and isn't as cheap as it appears.

download.jpg

#37 4 years ago

Eggbert_300.png

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I remember Metallica at release and pinside had so much hate against the game.... w/ new code as of today, people are loving it and stern is selling the crap out of it.

The issues with Metallica were purely code though.

TWD has more than that to deal with; a poor art & sound package. No code update is gonna fix that. I'm just not a fan, never will be. I can't stand looking at it. I think it was just a poor idea for a theme. Popularity of a theme doesn't always dictate an instant win when translated into a pin.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

This of course is just your opinion and not a fact at all.

Of course it is not fact. Subjectivity is never fact. I hate the art and sound on TWD. My opinion. I made that pretty clear in my post it was opinion. And in contrast to your opinion, I don't mind the art on Star Trek at all. It is a bit over-the-top with the gradients and rainbows, but not terrible.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't think twd's layout is bad, I really like the uniqueness.

I like the fact it isn't cookie-cutter normal Stern layout stuff as well. I just can't get past the art and sound.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ahhhh. yeah. the art you can't fix but the sound "could" be. I think with polished code and call outs from the show, it could sell a ton more.

Agreed. I could look past the art if the sound package was legit, then I'd probably enjoy it. The gameplay isn't as rough as people make it out to be. It isn't a very flowy game, but games don't have to be packed with flow to be enjoyable. I like both. Generally if there is more than 1 glaring issue, I can't get into a game though. I'll take hideous art with awesome sound and gameplay any day.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Try to play one with the custom actors voices pinball browser rom. You might like it.

I can already imagine it is light-years better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside