Can a code update really improve a bad pin?

(Topic ID: 128674)

Can a code update really improve a bad pin?

By str8cash

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BMore-Pinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

troll1.png
theory.jpg
Eggbert_300.png
zu0duy9a.png
download.jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

I finally played it at a home with code update.. Still sucks. No flow, terrible sound and graphics. Just not a fun pin (and isn't that why we play??) Found myself extremely bored and couldn't wait to play the other pins there. His biggest regret was buying it nib. I'd like to try Metallica without the code updates just to see the difference.

Sounds like you can't handle the game. Do the smart thing, don't play it and stop your whining.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Sounds like you can't handle the game. Do the smart thing, don't play it and stop your whining.

Ouch Tom! I should start saying that to all the Avengers LE haters

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

hmmm.... difficult and frustrating - absolutely!
But sucky, terrible, not fun, boring ???? we playin' the same pin?

I know
He clearly started a troll thread just to troll TWD. I don't know why Pinside moderators let these troll threads exist? There are a lot of "this game sucks because I don't like it" threads littering Pinside. But some people like the attention I guess.

theory.jpgtroll1.png

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I like the fact it isn't cookie-cutter normal Stern layout stuff as well. I just can't get past the art and sound.

Ahhhh. yeah. the art you can't fix but the sound "could" be. I think with polished code and call outs from the show, it could sell a ton more.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ahhhh. yeah. the art you can't fix but the sound "could" be. I think with polished code and call outs from the show, it could sell a ton more.

Agreed. I could look past the art if the sound package was legit, then I'd probably enjoy it. The gameplay isn't as rough as people make it out to be. It isn't a very flowy game, but games don't have to be packed with flow to be enjoyable. I like both. Generally if there is more than 1 glaring issue, I can't get into a game though. I'll take hideous art with awesome sound and gameplay any day.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Ouch Tom! I should start saying that to all the Avengers LE haters

You should. It made me feel better.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Agreed. I could look past the art if the sound package was legit, then I'd probably enjoy it. The gameplay isn't as rough as people make it out to be. It isn't a very flowy game, but games don't have to be packed with flow to be enjoyable. I like both. Generally if there is more than 1 glaring issue, I can't get into a game though. I'll take hideous art with awesome sound and gameplay any day.

Try to play one with the custom actors voices pinball browser rom. You might like it.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Try to play one with the custom actors voices pinball browser rom. You might like it.

I can already imagine it is light-years better.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Johnny Mnemonic hahha, art was meh, call outs meh, but it is a good game. Yeah. I still have my fingers crossed they release or some user does a pinbrowser and releases a real call out pack! TWD could be such a kick ass game.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Just install the Oursler special on TWD. I personally love the flipper center post. Adds another level of chaos whether you should trust it or not. It really is like 50/50 on saves and isn't as cheap as it appears.
download.jpg

Yea I put center post on all my games! Simple but so strategic at times!!

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

Yea I put center post on all my games! Simple but so strategic at times!!

You,drill the pf?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Montville, CT
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside