Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backglass.jpg
Playfield.jpg

#1 11 years ago

So no too much out there on this but it's in the database. From Allied Technologies. Condition is as you'd expect from sitting for close to 20 years. Dirty, needs a shop bad. So here's my question. It's a cool looking machine but I'm not into the 70's and 80's pins. Anything you guys/girls could tell me about this? I see I can get shop kits on eBay what would I expect for a full restore? And does this pin speak to anyone? Thanks!

Price is $300

#2 11 years ago

I'd buy that....

#3 11 years ago

Does it power up ?

I'd be worried about obsolete components on the boards and I don't believe anyone makes repro boards for Allied games.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

Not sure just yet, waiting to meet the seller. So if no power, then no buy?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

So if no power, then no buy?

Up to you. I don't know what your skill level is to repair that vintage and make of game is.

If you can do the work is one thing. If you have to pay someone - then it could get out of hand real quick.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago

My skill level is on a scale of 1-10 is a minus 2

I'll check the power and go from there. Really appreciate the advice

#7 11 years ago

just buy it. worry about the consequences later

#8 11 years ago

Not just power, but make sure you can start a game.

Many dead games will light up the GI, but the actual processor is corroded completely from the batteries being left in it.

If they are old Carbon Batteries, you may have a fighting chance.

Playfield.jpgPlayfield.jpg Backglass.jpgBackglass.jpg

#9 11 years ago

I played this back in the day. Not much going on for it. For $300 id much rather buy another project but your taste may vary. Either/or have fun if ya grab it!~SpOoKy

#10 11 years ago

i'd buy it for the theme alone... i LOVED "good times"...

#11 11 years ago

Yeah it fires up but no games will start. Overall in pretty decent condition. Looks like it'd be awesome if restored. Not the project for me but the guy said he just wants it gone. Sorry didn't bring my phone so no pics. If anyone wants I can get them in touch with the seller. He is VERY motivated to get it gone.

#12 11 years ago

Update,

The guy just called me and he got it going. He said the balls load and I could hear the chimes. The right flipper is off but the left was working. PM me if you want his info...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/came-across-an-old-pin-called-dyn-o-mite-should-i-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.