8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Loupie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I have called many local places, mostly bars, asking if the have any pinballs. I get a rather surprised and delayed response most of the time. If I then ask which machines they have, they really think I am a weirdo. Most think that all pins are the same, no matter if it is a TOM or a 1975 clunker with only 1 working flipper. Am I alone on this?

#2 8 years ago

Get used to that response bc that's the way most people feel about pinball players. You'd be better off calling local amusement device route operators and trying to get a listing from them.

#3 8 years ago

When I was in NC, redneck country, played 4 pins at water park and Iron Man at a movie theatre believe it or not!

Not so much in south Texas though except one gameroom....

Gonna create my own Tatman palace...

#4 8 years ago

you want pinball, try hotels. Any family hotel, or motel usually has a game room with like 2 arcade games and a pinball machine.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerSaw:

you want pinball, try hotels. Any family hotel, or motel usually has a game room with like 2 arcade games and a pinball machine.

Yeah .... back in the 80's.

Seriously, I do a lot of traveling with my family, and I can't recall seeing a pin in a hotel any time within the last ten years. Wait, that's not true. I believe there were some machines in the Contemporary Hotel in Disney World. That was about four years ago, so I wasn't nearly as entrenched in the hobby yet.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Not so much in south Texas though except one gameroom....

Which gameroom are you talking about? I've updated the San Antonio map as best I could. Any help is appreciated!

#7 8 years ago

Iceman and Marty.

Make a trip up to austin and go to Pinballz.

they have 90 or so machines and its byob for now untill they start selling

http://www.pinballzarcade.com/

give me a shout and ill meet yall over for a beer and some pins

J

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

TigerSaw said:

Yeah .... back in the 80's.

He is from Canada.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Make a trip up to austin and go to Pinballz.

Been there several times, they're over 120 pins now. If I lived in Austin, I'd be a poor man by now!

#10 8 years ago

What about Gameworks on East Basse Marty?

Waywrd, never been there in Austin but next time I'm up I'll meet you for some beers and pins....

#11 8 years ago

Just looked at the list of 120 pins they have.....wow, a great chance to play so many machines I've always wanted to....and I know if I do there will be more going on my buy list!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What about Gameworks on East Basse Marty?

Closed like 3-4 years ago, but they did have quite a few pins there when it was open.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Just looked at the list of 120 pins they have.....wow

HOLY CRAP! Are you kidding me, that place is amazing. I could get lost in there for days...and days...and days. If I am ever in the area of Austin Tx. I will definitely find my way there. Did I say Wow? Just wondering. The cool thing too is it looks to be mostly new games, which are the ones I am lacking in the "play" department. Who ever owns that place gets kudos from me and hopefully makes good sound business decisions. A place like that will surely help keep Pinball on the map.

#14 8 years ago

When you find machines be sure to list them in the Pinside database so that the next baller can just click on the Pinside map to track down places to play. I added all the ones I know about around me, and they are still the only ones listed in my area. I'm sure there are more I just don't hunt them down like others.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Make a trip up to austin and go to Pinballz

This place looks awesome. Thanks for the tip way2wyrd. BYOB? You gotta love Texas.

#16 8 years ago

Finding a pin in a hotel is definitely possible. In my trip to North Vandergrift, PA., to play in the Pittsburgh Pinball Open, the New Kensington PA Clarion had POTC, and IJv4.

The Ramada Inn I stayed at in Allentown, PA. before the show this year had TAF in the bar.

These were randomly found in my search for a hotel near these tourneys/shows...lol

#17 8 years ago

i contacted a local op. he was very happy to give me a list of his pins on route. he has since e mailed me an updated list. cinemark theatres own their machines so check them out if you have one locally.

#18 8 years ago

Now that's a good idea!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 89.00
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 218.00
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 189.99
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside