Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

redcandle-bearish-redarrow-downtrend.gif
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpeg
    gettyimages-517331044-594x594 (resized).jpg
    you suck.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C07202B-7FF4-4E85-B0B0-57543293E49D (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 12.48.59 PM (resized).png
    7nwfuy.gif
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nintegageo:

Yes and no. I honestly thought this would be a hilarious thread. People took it way more seriously than I thought they would though. The idea of a shaming thread is ridiculous, obviously. I do wish the ratings were better moderated, but ya.. didn't think there'd be so many asshats. Oh well, the thread kinda did end up being hilarious ^_^ just not how I planned.

How to get downvoted:

1. Post while admittedly high and ask for a thread calling out people for downvoting.
    2. Say that the Top 100 has biased ratings (which it does) while at the same time having a personal rating of Pinball Magic that would make it #1 of all time and admit in the rating you are biased because you own it.
    3. Call those who see the flaws in your logic and point it out asshats.

Whee! Gotta love Pinside!!

#102 10 months ago

Nothing better than a good ImNotNorm GIF!

#103 10 months ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

How to get downvoted:
    1. Post while admittedly high and ask for a thread calling out people for downvoting.
    2. Say that the Top 100 has biased ratings (which it does) while at the same time having a personal rating of Pinball Magic that would make it #1 of all time and admit in the rating you are biased because you own it.
    3. Call those who see the flaws in your logic and point it out asshats.
    Whee! Gotta love Pinside!!

Lol what is people's obsession with Pinball Magic? The game is awesome! And you know what it has? A great theme!

I have already stated my issue is the people who are hate-rating a game. There is no bias in their rating because they aren't given an honest review. There's understandable bias and then there's giving a game a crap review because you want it rated lower on the T100.

#104 10 months ago

I got a down once for posting a picture of leaking dura cells.

Must have been a shareholder.

#105 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nintegageo:

Lol what is people's obsession with Pinball Magic? The game is awesome! And you know what it has? A great theme!
    I have already stated my issue is the people who are hate-rating a game. There is no bias in their rating because they aren't given an honest review. There's understandable bias and then there's giving a game a crap review because you want it rated lower on the T100.

It is awesome, its not 9.5 awesome. Very underrated in general though. Miss mine

#106 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nintegageo:

Ok here’s the thing. People hate rate a game because they feel like they have to counteract the people who are rating it way too high. You know, like rating Pinball Magic as the best game in history. That kind of rating.

The bottom line is EVERY game has people who rate it too high and people who rate it too low. So, it kinda all evens out.

#107 10 months ago

Hah! OP posts a thread about calling out biased Top 100 ratings and then gets called out for his own biased rating.[quoted image]

Sometimes, you get what you ask for!!!

#108 10 months ago

The bottom line is EVERY game has people who rate it too high and people who rate it too low. So, it kinda all evens out.

Fair enough

#109 10 months ago

I don't downvote and I don't ignore. What kind of pussy does that? The biggest kinda pussy. This is the basement right??

4 months later
    #110 6 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew it'd be someone new to Pinside.
    I love how pettiness annoys you but then you want to shame someone for their opinion.
    This society and its inability to deal with anything that upsets them is just.....wow.

Yet this guy blocked me lol. He should look in the mirror.

If you get so upset at a forum post you block them, its pretty sad. A downvote is just an contrary opinion, without always having to say why you disagree.

#111 6 months ago

Says another person who blocks people lol. Some people have zero self awareness.

#112 6 months ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Downvotes are basically for internet cowards and Karens. That's how I see it. And yes, I know I'm going to get down voted. Have at it.

Apparently it'd actually for everybody.

They got rid of this feature (which was fine with me) and the natives almost rioted. It was quickly brought back.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-out-downvoters/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.