Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

redcandle-bearish-redarrow-downtrend.gif
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpeg
    gettyimages-517331044-594x594 (resized).jpg
    you suck.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    3C07202B-7FF4-4E85-B0B0-57543293E49D (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 12.48.59 PM (resized).png
    7nwfuy.gif
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 months ago

I don't even know how to down vote something. The only option I see on my end is the upvote option.

#52 10 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Don't let downvotes bother you. Its pretty much meaningless. Sometimes it gives a good indicator if somebody has like an abysmal overall rating, but for the most part, who cares? Just wait until you get some bozo stalking you and downvoting everything you post, thats when you know you've made the big time!

Paging DrFrightner.

Whatever happened to that loon?

#53 10 months ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I don't even know how to down vote something. The only option I see on my end is the upvote option.

You turned off the downvotes?!!! What a beta!

#54 10 months ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

There is a setting to only show upvotes.

Quoted from Palmer:

No one cares about ratings. Also, you gave Pinball Magic a 9.5 and even said your rating was biased. Not like I care. All ratings are going to have some sort of bias with the top ratings for each pinsider most likely representing their current collection.
    [quoted image]

Pinball Magic is leagues better than TOM and most people that disagree haven’t played both of them.

#55 10 months ago

So the OP starts a thread about downvotes and complains about machine ratings

#56 10 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

....Pinball Magic is leagues better than TOM and most people that disagree haven’t played both of them.

It has issues; 1 ramp & Linear modes.
    I'd that right loopbwent to a ramp that would be hot shit

#57 10 months ago

Another top 100 bitch thread

Edit: I clicked because title was way more interesting than original post.

#58 10 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Another top 100 bitch thread
    Edit: I clicked because title was way more interesting than original post.

I think we should have a vote who top and bottom bitch are.

#59 10 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

So the OP starts a thread about downvotes and complains about machine ratings

I only ever meant machine ratings. I mainly post on here when I smoke a joint, so my posts aren't the clearest. My apologies!

#60 10 months ago

Another thread to file in the "Who gives a shit?" category

#61 10 months ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Another thread to file in the "Who gives a shit?" category

think of the needed toilet paper

#62 10 months ago

IBTL Thanks

#63 10 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Paging DrFrightner.
    Whatever happened to that loon?

He created an obvious alt account.

#64 10 months ago

Go out and enjoy the sunshine fellas.

#65 10 months ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

No one cares about ratings. Also, you gave Pinball Magic a 9.5 and even said your rating was biased. Not like I care. All ratings are going to have some sort of bias with the top ratings for each pinsider most likely representing their current collection.
    [quoted image]

Haha. This is amazing.

#66 10 months ago

Aren't people's names posted with their reviews? And can't you already see who upvoted or downvoted something when you click on it? Unless I'm missing they already call themselves out by posting a review or downvoting.

Also, something to consider - who cares?

#67 10 months ago

Totally legit that the one guy rated GZ 10.0 and Slugfest and Teed off 2 points higher than Foo Fighters. Its what makes Pinside, Pinside. The top 100 is for entertainment purposes only, and I am definitely entertained! Although I do love it when sellers on Marketplace use pinside rank in their listing as a selling feature.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#68 10 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Totally legit that the one guy rated GZ 10.0 and Slugfest and Teed off 2 full points higher than Foo Fighters. Its what makes Pinside, Pinside. The top 100 is for entertainment purposes only, and I am definitely entertained! Although I do love it when sellers on Marketplace use pinside rank in their listing as a selling feature.

I need to start doing it for games that are way down the ranks.

Come get it while you can!!! This game is ranked 278th on the pinside top rated machines!!

#69 10 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need to start doing it for games that are way down the ranks.
    Come get it while you can!!! This game is ranked 278th on the pinside top rated machines!!

Machine has nowhere to go but up, BUY THE DIP!!!

I have owned many sub-200 games (like you), and I would still have most of them if I had the room to keep them.

#70 10 months ago
    Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Shaming people for their opinions (good or bad) will not fix the problem you are trying to solve - it will only add more toxicity to the group.

There are trolls on here who purposely downvote because of how immature they are.

I've been downvoted for wishing someone well......it happens. I just look at people who are immature enough to do that as the people I definitely do not want to meet from this site.

I've seen upvotes because some people on here have put up happy posts for famous people dying "ie - they deserved it!" (ultimate mark of cruelty if you ask me).

#71 10 months ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There are trolls on here who purposely downvote because of how immature they are.
    I've been downvoted for wishing someone well......it happens. I just look at people who are immature enough to do that as the people I definitely do not want to meet from this site.

On a similar but opposite note someone got upset with Little Johnny for upvoting all the time.

#72 10 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

On a similar but opposite note someone got upset with Little Johnny for upvoting all the time.

Don't forget this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ask-beelzeboob

#73 10 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Did he put littlejohhny in time out?

Don't forget my upvote....

#74 10 months ago

57 Downvotes and counting !

#75 10 months ago

I like everything about pinball except, Clown Puked LED game pictures. They get my down votes.

Thanks for calling me out

#76 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nintegageo:

I only ever meant machine ratings. I mainly post on here when I smoke a joint, so my posts aren't the clearest. My apologies!

You must’ve been high then when rating The Amazing Spider-Man higher than Foo Fighters….. you better slow down

#77 10 months ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

You must’ve been high then when rating The Amazing Spider-Man higher than Foo Fighters….. you better slow down

No you don't understand; FF has a van in it so it gets marked down. That's how real ratings work!

#78 10 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No you don't understand; FF has a van in it so it gets marked down. That's how real ratings work!

Van bias.

#79 10 months ago

People who use the word Troll and not calling out a fishing trip gets downvoted .
    Caught many fish by trolling !

#80 10 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Don't let downvotes bother you. Its pretty much meaningless. Sometimes it gives a good indicator if somebody has like an abysmal overall rating, but for the most part, who cares? Just wait until you get some bozo stalking you and downvoting everything you post, thats when you know you've made the big time!

Quoted from JethroP:

That's pretty funny. Calling out downvotes....and you're getting them. Congratulations!

Was I the only one that read the poor bastard's post? He was talking about downvoting ratings in the top 100, not here in the forums.

#81 10 months ago

68 downvotes and the thread isnt closed,smells Fishy

#83 10 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Was I the only one that read the poor bastard's post? He was talking about downvoting ratings in the top 100, not here in the forums.

Yup, probably.

Personally, I wouldn’t call this downvoting but strategically ranking games low.

Let’s be honest here, all rankings are 100% subjective, and people with a new machine are probably a lot more love struck than people who’ve owned the machine for a long while. Those new owners are probably going to rank everything all 10s, because they are looking through rose colored glasses and legitimately can’t see anything wrong with it.

However, you do get the flip side, people who are extra critical with a game and vote a game lower solely because they think that people are ranking a game too high. You can see these ratings pretty easily if you look at the comments.

Personally, I think these are the people so probably need to chill out a bit more, but I am admittedly more sympathetic to people who are excited about a game they just got than people who are upset that other people’s excitement is messing with subjective rankings…

#84 10 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Machine has nowhere to go but up, BUY THE DIP!!!
    I have owned many sub-200 games (like you), and I would still have most of them if I had the room to keep them.

I heard you refuse to make ramps for anything in the top 100!

#85 10 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Downvotes are for a Top 100 thread in disguise!

#86 10 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

yes you were lol, other than thelaw. Look, I have a pitchfork and/or a torch and I am itchin to use it at all times damn it!

#87 10 months ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

He made Motordome ramps, so this statement can't be true

#88 10 months ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

This sounds like a new company slogan! "We do the worst the best!"

#89 10 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

This sounds like a new company slogan! "We do the worst the best!"

"If you have the worst, we'll give you our best"

Could also be for a not-for-profit that provides pin ratings and handles negative PR

#90 10 months ago

I’ll give OP this, they made the most entertaining thread of the week, albeit unintentionally. Quality gifs abound here.

#91 10 months ago

Of all the 'problems' on pinside, the top 100 list does not make the top 100.

#92 10 months ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I never downvote anyone but I tossed one on you out of GP...

You tosser!

Also, IBTL

#93 10 months ago
    Quoted from STLOkie:

I’ll give OP this, they made the most entertaining thread of the week, albeit unintentionally. Quality gifs abound here.

Yes and no. I honestly thought this would be a hilarious thread. People took it way more seriously than I thought they would though. The idea of a shaming thread is ridiculous, obviously. I do wish the ratings were better moderated, but ya.. didn't think there'd be so many asshats. Oh well, the thread kinda did end up being hilarious ^_^ just not how I planned.

#94 10 months ago

Even Nero has a say in this...

gettyimages-517331044-594x594 (resized).jpggettyimages-517331044-594x594 (resized).jpg
    #95 10 months ago

Pinside needs a FU button.

#96 10 months ago
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpegIMG_1074 (resized).jpeg
    #97 10 months ago

Downvotes are basically for internet cowards and Karens. That's how I see it. And yes, I know I'm going to get down voted. Have at it.

#98 10 months ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Downvotes are basically for internet cowards and Karens. That's how I see it. And yes, I know I'm going to get down voted. Have at it.

Awesome, that means thumbs up are for internet heroes and macho men!

#99 10 months ago

Great tune! Thx for sharing

#100 10 months ago
    redcandle-bearish-redarrow-downtrend.gifredcandle-bearish-redarrow-downtrend.gif
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-out-downvoters/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.