(Topic ID: 312170)

Calling Hawaiians pinsiders, how is life there ?

By adol75

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by adol75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mama's (resized).jpg
B3DC7AC0-1741-4C8F-944D-620B7D085073 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

Why ? That's exactly what I want to know

A common ailment for people from the mainland is "rock fever". Some people get a form of anxiety after 3 to 6 months of being on a small mass of land in the middle of the ocean. Might be easier for those of us who have lived on the west coast to adjust.

#10 2 years ago

Gallon of gas average was 5.29 in Maui yesterday. I paid 5.79 yesterday here in San Clemente. Many people I've known who move there end up working a couple jobs to make ends meet. I can see someone from the bay area who works remote making it easily. Local rates for food when eating out help. Happy hours were and probably are still great there. Maui seems to be an area where people who aren't necessarily spiritual, feel something special about the place and find some peace with themselves. Or so I've been told many times. And kinda felt it myself.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I recommend you spend a week or two visiting the various islands. Each island is different and has a different vibe. Spending a few days on each island should give you a good idea of the lifestyle and people.

Very true. Much of Oahu seems like LA to me. North shore is amazing though. There seems to be a different level of pace on the different islands. Oahu busy. Maui kinda busy. Big Island, more laid back. Kauai completely laid back. And also one of the wettest places on earth with a part of Muai also on the list. (Near Hana I believe) Maui seems to me the easiest to live as you have a little bit of everything. Maui No Kai Oi. Maui is the best.

I used to hear a phrase there that sounds like "geeve em bra". (Go for it) I would check out the different islands and see if one gives you a buzz about living on it for awhile. Not everyone is capable of living for extended periods of time on a rock, but most everyone will tell you they enjoyed it alot. Until they didn't. I've known alot of people who have lived there and nobody has told me they regretted it. Just got bored like others and wanted to come back to the beach here.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If I were to look I would check out Pukalani, Kula, Makawao, and Kihei on Maui. Then I would check out Kona on Big Island.

Absolutely with you. My friends live in Pukalani, Makawao, Kula, and Haiku. Upcountry is really nice. And Kona. All good spots.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-hawaiians-pinsiders-how-is-life-there-?tu=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.