(Topic ID: 93682)

Calling EM experts! Need to go under the hood of Jungle Princess......

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by way2wyrd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

On only 2 player mode, not one, player one goes into random mode all of a sudden where points keep going non stop until you reset the game? Any ideas what might be going on. Thx!

#2 9 years ago

Need a bit more info to go on...

So you're saying:

- when in a single-player game, everything works OK
- when in a two-player game, Player 1 starts racking up points (more on that later)
- when in a two-player game, Player 2 works OK? (or haven't gotten that far?)

At what point does it start adding points? Before the ball is sent to the plunger? After the ball is sent to the plunger, but before hitting anything? After hitting a certain target?

Which point value is going (e.g., the 10's, the 100's)? If it's the 10's, then the 100's and 1000's will increment on their own as the score increases 10x, 100x of course.

If you let the ball drain, does it stop the scoring, or do you still need to shut it off?

As it's doing the crazy scoring thing, is the score motor running?

Did it used to work OK and this just started happening, or is this a new game you're trying to resurrect?

#3 9 years ago

I have a Jungle Queen which goes into uncontrolled scoring from time to time because I have a sticky drop target that won't go down all the way once in a while. When it's halfway down it is making the scoring switch which is supposed to be momentary contact only but ends up being stuck closed in this state. Is it possible you are experiencing the same issue and confusing it as a 2 player game set up issue?

How frequent is this issue?

Have you put new rubber rings on the game lately?

Play the game a bunch in single player mode only and see if it surfaces there also. Shouldn't have a scoring issue that shows up only when you have two players punched up.

Mike O.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On only 2 player mode, not one, player one goes into random mode all of a sudden where points keep going non stop until you reset the game? Any ideas what might be going on. Thx!

You own a Jungle Princess?

#5 9 years ago

Player 2 works fine, it doesn't do it there, gonna run some more games tonight.....

Starts adding points only after hitting a target....

Goes up in increments of 10.....

Continues even when the ball drains, have to shut it off to get it to stop. Scoring motor is running....

Could be a stuck drop target, he'll check that tonight...

Quoted from RobT:

You own a Jungle Princess?

My buddy that works with me has one. It's gorgeous, he got it restored in Austin It will be mine eventually!

#6 9 years ago

I am not sold on the stuck target-

Your saying the game plays more or less perfectly on player 2- that this never happens.

Then when you use player 1- it gets stuck in an endless loop racking up 10 points on the score reel until its unplugged.

Is this occurring ONLY when you hit a specific target? (and only in player 1)

Or does it occur when you hit any target with a value of something like, 50, 500, 5000 (not 10, 100, 1000). Because the 50-500-5000 score sequence typically (often- whatever) is scored through impulse switch stacks on the score reel. That is quite different from scoring 10-100-1000 which is usually accomplished without using the score reel at all. So my guess is its supposed to be scoring 50 (or some multiple of 10/100/1000) but keeps going.

I would like to know what triggers it- take the glass off and just hit targets until it happens, shut it off, start again until you know exactly what triggers it- its either going to be a single target, or any targets that share a score sequence.

We probably need a schematic...

Its odd that the player unit is influencing this- Find a schematic and just look for any relays/switches on or associated with the player unit that run into any type of score sequence or target- its really seems like its going to be there and not on a target- I don't see how a target knows if player 1 or 2 or 20 is playing...

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's gorgeous, he got it restored in Austin

who did it?

--jeff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-em-experts-need-to-go-under-the-hood-of-jungle-princess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.