(Topic ID: 102886)

Calling Chicagoland Pinsiders: New owner needs help in Orland Park...(TAF)

By pmWolf

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Okay, a good buddy of mine just sold an Addams Family. The guy who bought it is a first-time owner.

The game was rock-solid, and was tested a tom. My buddy showed him the pinball basics...reseating connectors, and all the typical stuff that could go wrong.

In any case, the guy gets it home, and things are going south. We've been trying to give support via email...but again, he's a first time owner, and the game is now three hours away.

At first, it wouldn't fully boot. We had him reseat the important connectors and ribbon cables....since things can get shaken up during transport.

After that, it booted up, but the display was showing garbage. After some more time working with the guy, the game is back to not fully booting.

So, I need some help from someone in the area of Orlando Park that can lend a hand to this new pin owner. My gut feeling is that it is something simple based on the game's history, and the recent move. Just let me know what you need from here, and I'll make it happen.

Thanks!
Pete

#2 9 years ago

Orland Park (no "o" at the end)

I am about an hour away. If it was 20 or 30 minutes away, I would be glad to help. Hopefully someone a little closer will respond here soon.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Orland Park (no "o" at the end)

LOL

I'm off to send a nasty message to my buddy for emailing me the wrong spelling.

1 month later
#4 9 years ago

I am not to far from Orland Park, but not sure how much help I can be. I have a TAF but I have, luckily, not had to do a lot in terms of trouble shooting it over the years.

I did add Mods to it last year, but other than having to deal with a broken arm on the bookcase assembly everything else went back and works just great.

Phil

#5 9 years ago

Get in touch with hogbog (eric). He might be able to help you. If you can't find him send me a pm and I will put you in touch with him.

Christopher
Kingpin Games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-chicagoland-pinsiders-new-owner-needs-help-in-orlando-parktaf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.