By dri

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I just moved into a new rental with a 500sqft wood frame garage and workshop. Termite damage is quite significant but very old. The owner said that there were no termites there anymore, it had been "sprayed". That was a load of crap and I still hear the fuckers in some of the studs.

On the upside, the place is getting gassed (tented with vikane) later this week. My question is essentially how likely these drywood termites start eating your machines when there's plenty of wall studs to eat from and easily accessible from the outside? I'm taking guesses here but they don't seem to like plywood as they've kept most plywood untouched in the workshop.

I know these fuckers will be back after they've gassed the place, I just want to be ready for them and ensure I've done any preventive measure appropriate to protect my machines. This is in NorCal.

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-all-termite-experts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.