• Latest reply 7 years ago by Arcane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bankrelay (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I am calling to all Recel and Petaco pinball machines owners and all who may be knowledgeable about these.

I have two questions for a 4 players RECEL Lady Luck (I call it Lady unluck...) or any 4 players machine from that manufacturer:

1) I am trying to make sure my Player Unit is well synchronized and need some pictures and information from a unit that is working well. The Player Unit has 30 positions with 20 of them used for the distribution of the 5 balls and 4 players. The Cams have not been touched and are going through the sequence correctly: 1st ball - 1st player, 1st ball 2nd player, 1st ball 3rd player....etc....last ball 4th player. What I am having trouble with, is the disk sitting in the front of the player unit. How to synchronize the stepper part (disc) of the Player unit with the cam assembly. I know from the documentation that the stepper unit kicks in in position 24, 25, 26, 27 but where is position 1? Is position 1 when the cams have served the 1st ball for the 1st player? A picture or some detailed explanations would be immensely helpful.

2) How do you take apart the relay bank on that machine to clean up and verify the contacts? I can rotate the bank around its mounting support but I did not see any obvious way to gain access to the contacts.

Any help would be extremely appreciated as I am spinning my wheels trying to debug an initialization problem and a sequencing problem with my machine.

In advance, thank you.
Yves

#2 7 years ago

I found a possible answer to my 2) questions, regarding the cleaning up of the contacts in the Relays bank. The information comes from an old Recel manual that Otaku was kind enough to publish:
bankrelay (resized).jpgbankrelay (resized).jpg
I tried this method on one of the relays and it is very tricky. You have to be very careful to not pull the latch and make a note of which slot in the latch, is getting the contacts. I will try to publish more detailed pictures showing the intricacies of the mechanism. Once the relay coil has been removed, you can effectively access the contacts and clean them carefully.

This method requires a lot of patience and organization. You may want to do one relay at a time, making sure you put it back together and verify the reset mechanism, before moving to the next relay in the bank.

Yves

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-all-recelpetaco-owners-player-unit-and-bank-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.