You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

33A753E8-F67E-491B-A5F2-8D1EA3E74413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9861 (resized).JPG
4EABCAA9-9D31-488E-AE82-8667333FDA3F (resized).jpeg
23B408AB-54C1-4DEB-8643-AF526219F52D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago

I shopped one of these for a customer last year, and it had all metal posts. I was seriously impressed with how they glistened with all the polished facets, and marveled at how much they must have cost to produce.

An then in the process of shopping that game I came to utterly curse and despise them. They look beautiful, and the two-piece design (only evident once you take the game apart) betrays how they were made. Simple and elegant! But my zeus what a PITA to replace the rubbers - I'd done "first shot" Sys11 and WPC games in half the time! That two-piece design makes it almost impossible to hold tension on the rubber while keeping it in position WHILE trying to secure the top + bottom part of the post in place, and woe if there was a plastic or lane guide meant to overlap! The rubber in tension would cleave the post in two as you tried to position it. In places where of course you can parley hold the !@&*^! post with your fingers in the first place... just a total nightmare. I kept thinking "well maybe the rubber is too small, should we go up a size to relive some tension? OK NOPE, so there MUST be a simpler dumb trick to this that I'm just not seeing yet right? Well if this post is the problem, undo the other(s) ($#!^!) so you can maybe grip under tension on that end..." but over an afternoon struggle, with my capable daughter assisting, we simply felt completely stupid and frustrated as we fought our way through. I never thought a task so otherwise routinely simple could become so stupidly, unnecessarily difficult.

As pretty as they are I vowed "if I ever have one" I would probably switch to one-piece plastic and sell the metal ones to a purist. No surprise to me that the design was apparently short lived.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-all-gottlieb-bonanza-owners-?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.