• Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which ramp or ramps would you buy if they were available?”

• Blue Shooter Ramp 16 votes
    100%

(Multiple choice - 16 votes)

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

I would like to find a way to replace all of the ramps on my cyclone - the Blue shooter ramp, the Comet, the Cyclone, and the Ferris Wheel Ramp.

Does anyone know of someone who has or makes these ramps? I would like to put together a list of people who would like to buy them if someone did make them. Maybe if we got enough people who were willing to pre-order them, we could find someone to put them together.

Please let me know, either if you are interested in joining together to get ramps, or if you know someplace that already has them.

Thanks!
Chris

(Sorry about the Poll. First one I tried... I screwed it up. Just include in your post which ramps (or all) you would like to replace.)

#2 7 years ago

I am interested.

#3 7 years ago

I'd buy all the ramps.

#4 7 years ago

James *really* needs to finish up on Cyclone ramps. He did a great job on the Comet ramp but we need the Cyclone and Ferris ramps too! The skill shot, maybe. Do they break?

#5 7 years ago

Don't forget the spook house ramp

I'm in for all.

#6 7 years ago

Hmm. Really? Only 5 people interested in Cyclone ramps? Well, we won't get anyone to make us some if that is all that we can get together.

#7 7 years ago

I would like an entire set please!

#8 7 years ago

I'd be in for a set

#9 7 years ago

If someone would sell me a Cyclone I'd be in for a set. I've been looking for 3 months.

#10 7 years ago

Mine are perfect...for now.

#11 7 years ago

I'd go for a full set....

#12 7 years ago

I want a full set.

Does anyone beside Pinball Inc. make ramps?

#13 7 years ago

not to Hijack but i have been looking for the Comet ramp and Corkscrew ramp for the COMET, and i know they are COMET guys out there too that want minty new ramps on their pins. So I will join this thread and say that their are plenty of buyers out there...please build for us!

#14 7 years ago

I talked to the guy who own Pinball Inc at the Ohio show about making these ramps. He said he didn't have some part or something in order to do it.... and it didn't sound too promising either.

Nice guy.. just didn't sound like it was happening anytime soon.

Anyone else make ramps?

#15 7 years ago

I should be in for a set, depending on costs, obs.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I talked to the guy who own Pinball Inc at the Ohio show about making these ramps. He said he didn't have some part or something in order to do it.... and it didn't sound too promising either.
Nice guy.. just didn't sound like it was happening anytime soon.
Anyone else make ramps?

I've heard that he can't do the Cyclone ramp in particular. I would be in for one of them if they were made.

Mine Cyclone ramp is in pretty good shape...it could use a flame polising but I don't know anyone that does that and would pretty much want some insurance from them before they do it....if the job would go south, it would pretty much put the entire machine in in the dumpster.

As for the Ferris Wheel ramps. I can't really see this ramp being busted from regular use....but I do remember seeing one sawed off back in the day so the ball didn't return to the left return lane. It just kinda dumped off on the left side of the playfield.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

not to Hijack but i have been looking for the Comet ramp and Corkscrew ramp for the COMET, and i know they are COMET guys out there too that want minty new ramps on their pins. So I will join this thread and say that their are plenty of buyers out there...please build for us!

Bay Area Amusements did another run of the corkscrew on orange. I missed the boat on that one since I had a black one, but the orange looks soooo much nicer! Not sure if they did the Cycle jump ramp?

Not sure why they're not re-running them again... Anybody have any insight?

If you check on Ebay, there has been a influx of NOS main Comet ramps show up - not sure where the stash they're finding them at.

2 weeks later
#18 7 years ago

I'd take the Cyclone, spook house and ferris wheel. Already have James' excellent Comet ramp and my shooter is in good shape and doesn't look like it will break. Not going to hold my breath mind you but if it happens I'll be there.

viperrwk

#19 7 years ago

For what its worth..A spook house ramp (under playfiled) sold last week on ebay. Went for $200+.

It appears any ramp in good condition for this game now goes for $200+ on Steal-Bay.

With this kind of demand, I would hope somebody might be willing to produce again. There is basicaly 4 plastic clear ramps + the blue shooter ramp. At $100 a ramp...Thats $500.

I wander how much volume someone would need to make a profit.....?

Interesting enough, my uncle-n-law owns a company that manufactures a ton of plastic items (sport bottles, cups, visors, etc). He has the injection molding machines.....
I've been half tempted to ask him how much volume he would need to make $$$ on making pinball ramps.

Anyone have an idea what the Williams License fees are?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

Anyone have an idea what the Williams License fees are?

I wonder how much they would have to be changed to avoid any license issues... I am guessing that if someone wants to make aftermarket pipes for a Harley Davidson they don't have to get Harley's permission to do so. They can't make EXACTLY the same thing, but maybe change something just enough to have it not exactly the same... ??

1 month later
#21 7 years ago

I'd be in for a topside set... maybe subway depending on price...
Jaz

#22 7 years ago

The poll at the top of the thread is only showing me "blue shooter ramp"
I'd buy that one and both squiggly ramps (ferris wheel and Cyclone itself).

This is a long overdue repro.

#23 7 years ago

I am in for two sets of everything (my blue ramp is broken too). There seems to be a real resurgence of interest in the System 11 games (probably in part due to recent WPC price spikes). Hopefully, the repro parts guys shift more focus to these titles. Plastics and playfields are being addressed by CPR. We need the ramps and cabinet artwork to catch up.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from TunaSled:

The poll at the top of the thread is only showing me "blue shooter ramp"

I know. I didn't know how to make a poll.

I think the market is there, just need to find someone to make them.

1 month later
#25 7 years ago

Bump. Let's hear from more Cyclone owners.

viperrwk

#26 7 years ago

RAMPS Please. I just bought a new playfiled.

#27 7 years ago

I am fortuneate enough that my ramps are very nice...although it would be great to have the choice of getting new ones i.e. having them available.

#28 7 years ago

I'm tossed now about selling my old taped ramp. I am to receive a nos ferris wheel ramp in the mail shortly.. and thought i'd sell my old one.

I've only received one offer for it. I don't know whether to sell or save.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Inside the cab by the speaker is a great storage area. You could always clean it up and just put it there for now.

#30 7 years ago

Mine are good for now but I would LOVE to have backups ready to install.....

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm tossed now about selling my old taped ramp. I am to receive a nos ferris wheel ramp in the mail shortly.. and thought i'd sell my old one.

The Ferris wheel ramp gets the least amount of abuse of all the Cyclone ramps because of the way the ball is consistently delivered to it and the slow speed it travels down the ramp through the squiggle. When I finish my Cyclone I will put an additional piece of weatherstripping at the end of the ramp to soften the blow from the ball.

Personally, until other repros are made I will hold onto all my old broken ramps just in case. If other repros are made I will buy them and get rid of the old ramps since my Cyclone won't be going anywhere for a long time.

viperrwk

4 weeks later
#32 7 years ago

put me on the list for the main comet ramp.

#33 7 years ago

I am in for a set if/when they get made....

#34 7 years ago

Spook house for sure...

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

James *really* needs to finish up on Cyclone ramps. He did a great job on the Comet ramp but we need the Cyclone and Ferris ramps too

I mentioned this when I last spoke with him about 2 months ago. no idea if he's ever uncovered the tooling for them or if he planned on making a new molds based on ramps that he had

#36 7 years ago

+1

#37 7 years ago

Spook House ramp fo' sho'.

#38 7 years ago

I bought the Comet ramp and would buy the others if made, really need Cyclone ramp as mine is cracked where the ball drops onto it.

#39 7 years ago

+1 Bought James' center ramp, hoping he will make the rest.

Rob

1 week later
#40 7 years ago

I'm certainly interested in getting spare ramps for both my Cyclone and Comet. Add the Comet cycle jump to the list. Those are nearly always broken.

1 week later
#41 7 years ago

Bump. I need a Cyclone Ramps....

#42 7 years ago

I'D BUY ALL Of THEM!

#43 7 years ago

I just bought a ramp for someone not to long ago. Someone already makes the main ramp for cyclone.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just bought a ramp for someone not to long ago. Someone already makes the main ramp for cyclone.

I've seen the Comet ramp (rarely) but not the Cyclone ramp for sale. I'd love to hear if there is a source.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Only repro ramp for Cyclone has been Comet ramp from James @ Pinball Inc. However those sold out and there are no more currently available from James. Rumor has it he will do another run of Comet ramps but it's just that - rumor.

viperrwk

#46 7 years ago

I Have not seen any repro's yet for this title and you are not the only one needing them.

Best of luck maybe you can find NOS but they will be pricey.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I Have not seen any repro's yet for this title and you are not the only one needing them.
Best of luck maybe you can find NOS but they will be pricey.

http://pinballinc.com/ramps/Cyclone%20Comet%20Ramp%20.html

Have one. Wish James would do the others. If he did you'd never need ramps for Cyclone again.

viperrwk

#48 7 years ago

out of stock now huh. Good thing my buddy bought his when he did. I have his old ramp sitting here. How trashed is yours?

#49 7 years ago

On the Williams Cyclone, the Comet ramp is in good shape, but my Cyclone ramp is rougher (even a spot melted above the pop bumper light!), and my ferris wheel ramp has a small crack.

2 months later
#50 6 years ago

Bump. I'm all in for a spookhouse subway. Please!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethlehem, PA
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside