Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1979_BIRTHDAY_STAR_IMAGE1_(resized).png
    image-42_(resized).jpg
    image-4_(2)_(resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2351_(resized).png
    Screenshot_2353_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys. Looking for cabinet dimensions on Bally games from the middle 60's all the way to solid state Bally games with the similar coin door they used for like 12+ years.

If your game is from the middle to late 60's and the coin door looks like the following, I need both the length and width of the body cabinet, and the height, length, and width of the head. If you could do the height at the front and back of the body too (on the slope) that would be great too.

Screenshot_2351_(resized).pngScreenshot_2351_(resized).png

If your game is from later on, I'll only need the same body measurements as above as I know any of these heads will not be a match for what I need, but the earlier one looks like it should be. Thanks!

Screenshot_2353_(resized).pngScreenshot_2353_(resized).png

#2 7 years ago

Here are the dimensions I am aiming to match, again, I know most if not all (probably all) games with the second coin door won't be a match for the head but hoping to get lucky with the body being the right size.

I am thinking the head on the earlier one may be a match though. Thanks! I'm using this for a project with the door that became BEFORE the older door of these two, all of which came on a small amount of games and games with very low production numbers thus very hard to find even just for cabinet donors.

From Alan's (Thanks SO much Alan) 1963 Bally Star Jet for my 1963 Bally Star Jet:

The cabinet is 52" long x 21 13/16" wide (and 16 1/2" deep at the back but 13 1/2" deep at the front)

The head is 12 1/2" deep at the top (10 1/4" deep at the bottom) x 29 1/8" wide x 26 1/8" high.

Hoping for a match in at least one of the "generations".

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Damn , too bad its not in my neck of the woods. Nothing like having a spare parts machine for my Trio , and free to boot.
    Oh well.

Hey man, ship it and the parts are all yours. That'd probably be one expensive cabinet though.

-------

May have a lead on a body already if the later 60's body is a match. Waiting on measurements. Looks like the later-later Bally cabinets are too tall, then? Width and length seem to match up pretty close, probably just measurement or factory inaccuracies if anything. Thanks so so much for posting them zacaj.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I were you, I'd wait to find a complete junk multiplayer machine from the early 60s as they have the coin drop thru the lockdown bar. Or do you have all that already?

I have that already for sure, just not the on-cabinet assembly. Or maybe I do. I don't even know, so many boxes of stuff...

He was pretty good at removing almost every last thing off of this cabinet though.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I agree. Finding the correct parts never seems like it can happen fast enough. But the minute you go through all the trouble to modify a later cabinet, a good parts game will show up. Patience usually pays off eventually in these type of situations.

Been looking for a few months now. I'm hoping the next-generation Bally cabinets might be a drop-in match. Then I should just have to drill a hole for the ball lifter bar.

Hell, the lockdown bar might even fit and just not accept coins. No big deal to me, free play all the way.

#11 7 years ago

Dimensions are looking off just by looking at it already. What a hassle! Maybe the angling is right on the top though so I could just get rid of a few inches. I guess we'll see.

image-4_(2)_(resized).jpgimage-4_(2)_(resized).jpg

image-42_(resized).jpgimage-42_(resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Feels a lot longer with all the parts sitting in my living room staring at me. E-mailed the guy on that Craigslist ad after discovering the dimensions are off. Maybe I'm nuts, but I wonder how much it would be to ship an empty cabinet like that without knocking it apart and shipping it in a box. Head not needed, of course.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was 17 a few months ago.

Yes, thankfully because the names of the months stay the same every year

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-all-bally-owners?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.