(Topic ID: 2431)

Call the cops !!!! My Shadow is high on LED's !!!

By sulli10

13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by drbond
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

After consulting with you all ( thank you), I decided to take the plunge and put some LED's from coin taker ( all super brights) into my shadow. I ended up buying the kit for the back box ( great idea) and various lights for the play field. Chris talked me into a couple of color changing 555's as well. So far, I have blue led's in the sling shots, The back box GI's replaced,cool whites in 5 of the mode inserts, the slow color changer in the center mode insert ( the fast color changer was too much), some cool whites down in the lower play field GI's and color Matching ( orange) flashers. The results are out standing ( for about a 90 dollar investment)!!! I have owned my shadow for about 12 years ( longest time frame i have owned a game) and i have always stated it was under valued. Recently ( due to the recognized design genius of Mr. Eddy) the value is starting to go up and is now #18 on the pinside list. I stated in my review, #18 seemed about right. I was wrong! With the LED's I think it should go top ten. Great design,sound, rules and now the lights. Even the back glass looks better ( tho I still might want the alternate) . The frequency response of the led's truly improves the game. The lighting changes during the multi balls and Mongol are impressive. While i do not believe all my games would see the performance jump that shadow is demonstrating ( for example my MM or AF do not appear , to my tastes, to be candidates for significant LED over haul) , there is an improvement on investment. I have to order a few more lights to finish the project and my IT department ( my 20 year old) will put it on youtube ( a a photo will not do it justice and I owe you guys pictures). In conclusion, if you have a Shadow, make the investment and to the rest of you guys , Thanks for your input. This is truly a great forum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/call-the-cops-my-shadow-is-high-on-leds?tu=sulli10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.