(Topic ID: 253208)

California power companies shut off power for thousands.

By cottonm4

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 489 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 48 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.32.10 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.32.49 PM (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    sadhansenmiddle (resized).jpg
    nf00b9-b88257666z.120141113140914000g9u69fh7.10 (resized).jpg
    EC4EC243-CAB5-4DD8-A35D-5579D7DE14A6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191109-072345_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20191108_205715 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1573154512120 (resized).jpg
    salton-sea-1950s (resized).jpg
    0BFD8780-B959-4D0D-B758-C6F536B1E0FD (resized).jpeg
    santamonica03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9483 (resized).PNG
    Standing ovation.gif
    IMG_2998 (resized).jpg
    whynotbothgirl (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 months ago

Haha. Cali, what a joke. Please dont move though.

#32 6 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s nothing progressive about the power situation. Enron lobbied for deregulation and privatization. PG&E tried to give it’s execs millions in bonuses after they went bankrupt. They squandered their emergency money on bonuses. The kleptocrat Rapeublicons always fill their pockets and leave the people to suffer.

Yea, because repubs run the state of Cali lol. Get real dude.

#39 6 months ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

PGE is a cluster of an organization. This their over reaction to the past fires. So sad they are so inept this is the only option. Amazing that in 2019 this is their best option.
    Power outages are real. My vacation home is out and will be for some time.

Vacation home has no power. First world problems to a "T" lol.

#42 6 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Disasters don’t just happen on the day of. Years in the making.

And Dems have run Cali into the ground for years. Name me one other state where taking a dump in the street is the norm.

#54 6 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

1.) It’s not the norm
    2.) Homelessness exists everywhere
    3.) Political discussion requires critical thought, not repeating propaganda you hear from Tucker Klansman, Rush Limpballs, or Sean Hamtitties.

So are you saying San Fran and LA havent hired people to deal with this specific problem? I can find the articles and stats if need be. We both know thats not necessary.

#57 6 months ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Seems as though the fuel for the fires comes from mismanaged and overcrowded forests that are a direct result of the policies of the government elected by the people that live in the state. Time for new elected officials?
    https://lhc.ca.gov/report/fire-mountain-rethinking-forest-management-sierra-nevada

Exactly. "Environmentalists" refuse to allow clear cutting, refuse to allow new power generation entities to come online, then when they wonder why this has to happen. I dont blame the politicians, i blame the "lollipop and unicorn" voters. And now those voters are moving in droves from the state they effed up, and infecting Co, AZ, Tx and Nv. Liberals lulz.

#101 6 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

No idea where your from or whether or not u ever get out of the house, but this happens all over the country. Certainly not limited to Cal...

Not nearly to the extent it happens out there.

#102 6 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not disagreeing with you except that their moving to those states because the cost of living is much lower.

Because the people vote for these policies that raise the prices through the roof. They have themselves to blame. They are clueless and do the same thing to the places they move and infect.

#147 6 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree we get taxed to death, but your missing the point. My point was they are leaving because most who have lived in California for 30+ years can sell their house for 10X more than what they paid for it. They can then turn around and buy a house twice as big for a 1/4 of the cost, and keep the balance to live out their remaining years....thats why their leaving....

And Im not saying its a bad thing, smart infact. The problem is, its the voters who elect the idiots who enact the laws that drive prices up. Then the voters cash out, leave the high prices behind and move somewhere. Unfortunately, the voters dont leave their stupidity behind and start voting for the same stupid policies that drove them out in the first place.

#148 6 months ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I bet Elon musk shows up with some gadget trying to help

Paid for by the taxpayers.

#224 6 months ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Good ! Water should never be too cheap, it's a precious resource.

Yes, so that explains why you diverte millions of gallons of water from farmland use for a fish that was dying off anyway. Good thinking lol. https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-smelt-environment-20180105-story.html

#229 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks, but I plan on being like the Omega Man around here, living on delta smelt, and muddy water if I have to.

They get lots of fresh water!!

And I hope people dont think i hate Cali, quite the opposite! I love it. What, with sanctuary cities taking the criminals out of AZ and the abundance of homelesness encampments, we dont have to worry about stepping on needles or in fresh human feces. The beaches are nice too!! Keep up the good work!

#258 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This isn't all that bad. Slow day so I've got my feet up on the desk and am watching the palm trees sway in the breeze.
    Where else in the country are they going to pay me to do that?

All BS aside, i once asked my grandfather how he ended up in Cheyenne, Wyoming, where i was eventually born. He immigrated with his brother from Italy, joined the Army and after his service was up, he got hired by the UPRR in the late 40s. They gave him a choice between Cheyenne, Wy and San Diego....Dang Gramps!!!!! WTH lol. His brother settled in Colorado(non Army) and farmed. So of course they wanted to be close. I really do love Cali, but its being destroyed.

#321 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It says right on the cans no hot ashes, but maybe a few smoldering ashtrays get dumped anyway. Or even a smoldering butt tossed in a dumpster right before pickup would do the same thing.
    Could even be a flying ember from another fire just happened to drop into the truck.

Its plausible that antifa started it!

#325 5 months ago

So its not plausible. Can you provide proof, or are you an antifa terrorist?

#326 5 months ago

So its not plausible? Can you provide proof it was not started by an enviro-terrorist?

#327 5 months ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Trash trucks, Trash bins and trash packers and trash cans.

Sanctuary state trash! Thanks again!!

#332 5 months ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It was started by juggalos. What a bunch of clowns.

Just as plausible as antifa/enviro terrorists starting it!

#334 5 months ago

Lol, the irony! Could be juggalos or antifa!!

#336 5 months ago
    Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. California banning pinball or something like that??

No, they will just tax the shit out of them.

1 week later
    #412 5 months ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

I guessing CALI is gonna be just fine either way. If it were a country it would have the worlds 5th biggest economy.

That will change. Its inevitable that when people are leaving, so will work. I know many people who have closed up shop in Cali, along with there small business, and moved to AZ. If that is happening daily/weekly, Cali will begin to see the affects, if they arent already. I do hope they stay a sanctuary state though!!!

1 week later
    #447 5 months ago
    FB_IMG_1573154512120 (resized).jpg
    #462 4 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Alright all you Cali haters. Start piling on Australia for not raking their forests.

Why would we do that, we love Australia.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 50.00
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 334.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 109.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 52.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 85.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside