(Topic ID: 253208)

California power companies shut off power for thousands.

By cottonm4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 489 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.32.10 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.32.49 PM (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    sadhansenmiddle (resized).jpg
    nf00b9-b88257666z.120141113140914000g9u69fh7.10 (resized).jpg
    EC4EC243-CAB5-4DD8-A35D-5579D7DE14A6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191109-072345_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20191108_205715 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1573154512120 (resized).jpg
    salton-sea-1950s (resized).jpg
    0BFD8780-B959-4D0D-B758-C6F536B1E0FD (resized).jpeg
    santamonica03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9483 (resized).PNG
    Standing ovation.gif
    IMG_2998 (resized).jpg
    whynotbothgirl (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago

Well they've been threatening a shut off since yesterday and nothing's happened yet......I think its all BS ... I've lived here my whole life and this is the first time Ive ever been threatened with a proactive power shut down....

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

And Dems have run Cali into the ground for years. Name me one other state where taking a dump in the street is the norm.

No idea where your from or whether or not u ever get out of the house, but this happens all over the country. Certainly not limited to Cal...

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Exactly. "Environmentalists" refuse to allow clear cutting, refuse to allow new power generation entities to come online, then when they wonder why this has to happen. I dont blame the politicians, i blame the "lollipop and unicorn" voters. And now those voters are moving in droves from the state they effed up, and infecting Co, AZ, Tx and Nv. Liberals lulz.

I'm not disagreeing with you except that their moving to those states because the cost of living is much lower.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The obvious solution that it is a little too late for is stop building. Especially out in fire prone areas.
    If we don't have enough water for the people that are already here, what makes them think we have enough for the millions of houses and buildings they keep putting up?

we have plenty of water in NorCal....

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:You guys also have that endangered delta smelt, that shut off part of the supply to So Cal.
    But down here, they seem to think they can keep on building and building. I can't wait for the next big drought.

Water supply aside its much easier (politically) to build in SoCal than NorCal....NorCal is very challenging to obtain permits....theres a lot of no growthers who live in the area....I have a good buddy who lives in Utah....aside from the cost of housing its cheaper to live here than Utah...

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

1.) It’s not the norm
    2.) Homelessness exists everywhere
    3.) Political discussion requires critical thought, not repeating propaganda you hear from Tucker Klansman, Rush Limpballs, or Sean Hamtitties.

Its not all propaganda....most of it is true....

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Not nearly to the extent it happens out there.

where's here? I can guarantee u it doesn't happen where I live

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Because the people vote for these policies that raise the prices through the roof. They have themselves to blame. They are clueless and do the same thing to the places they move and infect.

I agree we get taxed to death, but your missing the point. My point was they are leaving because most who have lived in California for 30+ years can sell their house for 10X more than what they paid for it. They can then turn around and buy a house twice as big for a 1/4 of the cost, and keep the balance to live out their remaining years....thats why their leaving....

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Opinions of racist propagandist “entertainers” are not facts or truth.

Good lord...your lost dude...So I guess you feel the same about CNN entertainers....

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Cool false equivalency, bro. A “both sides” guy, eh?
    Also learn the difference between you’re and your.

I listen to both sides of the issues....most educated reasonable people are....clearly u are NOT

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I listen to both sides of the issues....most educated reasonable people do....clearly u are NOT

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wow dude,your state is run by Democrats.Why don't you just blame this on Trump?

Very true...I'm sure he'll try

#248 4 years ago

I wonder how many actually lost power? They threatened to shut it off up here (Bay Area), but they never shut the power down in my City. The only thing they accomplished was causing a lot of school drama for the kids (they were hoping to stay home)....sounds like this might be the new norm?

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

How do you all deal with this every year? If not fire, it is the mudslides. And falling rocks.

every area of the country comes with some level of mother nature risk.....my solution is to live in an area thats not susceptible .... my only minor concern is earth quakes, but if u live far enough away from a fault that diminishes drastically...the pros far outweigh the risks.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Don't live in the areas where this shit happens.
    Except about 10 years ago a tornado ripped down my street and dropped 4 trees from the parking into the street, mine included.

Those aren't very common are they? I can't remember one happening in NorCal, but I may be wrong

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

You assume wrong. Trumps got nothing to do with it and the utilities in Ca are basically unregulated which is the problem. Relax man. You’re so full of anger.

This isn't a political issue...PG&E is basically a monopoly....license to steal

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-power-companies-shut-off-power-for-thousands?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.