(Topic ID: 253208)

California power companies shut off power for thousands.

By cottonm4

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 489 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.32.10 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.32.49 PM (resized).png
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    sadhansenmiddle (resized).jpg
    nf00b9-b88257666z.120141113140914000g9u69fh7.10 (resized).jpg
    EC4EC243-CAB5-4DD8-A35D-5579D7DE14A6 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191109-072345_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20191108_205715 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1573154512120 (resized).jpg
    salton-sea-1950s (resized).jpg
    0BFD8780-B959-4D0D-B758-C6F536B1E0FD (resized).jpeg
    santamonica03 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9483 (resized).PNG
    Standing ovation.gif
    IMG_2998 (resized).jpg
    whynotbothgirl (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Just tell them most weren't from California in the first place.
    Probably won't make much difference, but it is the truth.

Absolutely true statement.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If you left California in say 1980, the population was close to 24 million, and now it is close to 40 million. Most in So Cal I believe.

So true. And people dont believe that Orange County (CA's 3 largest co., 6th largest co. in country) was the most conservative part of country-Nixon, San Clemente, home of the Western white house. A state Senator once joked he wanted to join the far right John Birch society to get the middle of the road vote in Orange county. Goodbye 70s, hello a hell of a lot more people and their cultures. Its impossible to change the beach culture where I live. Not so in the northern part of county where English isn't first language in some parts now.

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As time went on, I can't tell you how disheartening it was to watch each time one of those cute little beach bungalows from the 40s or 50s got mowed down so a stack of condos could be put in it's place.

You mean all the way back to the 20's. Disgusting what they have done, but not as bad as most beach towns. I was kinda referring to I can still understand for the most part the 3 languages spoken here. English, Spanish, and Dude.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I had to make a decision, and that was I was priced out of there, and I wasn't going to work my fingers to the bone to stay, just to get priced out later on. You've seen my spread, it's not so bad.

We have a house in Reno where we're moving after my granddaughter graduates high school in 7 years. We only purchased this house 4 years ago for granddaughter and don't have a prop 13 advantage to utilize on it and lower our taxes. You on the other hand have all advantages and a great place to live other than evil people using leafblowers.

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

I was tempted to move back to Cali where I can be over regulated while spending 9 weeks a year in traffic.

Population has grown from 15 million here when I was born to 40 million today. As I was eating dinner at a restaurant on our pier, I was thinking how nice it is around here. It looked like a summer day, 75 degrees. I was also thankful that we have clean air where I live. Smoke everywhere up in LA, and we're down here enjoying another incredible day at the beach. Somehow the thoughts of being overregulated weren't in my head. Its damn expensive here with a large (for here) house. Taxes, utilities-But until someone shows me better weather, we're here till my wife retires. I retired or have been unemployed for about 10 years. I don't wait on freeways unless I'm going to an event.

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Don't believe ANYTHING Fux News tells you.

Shep Smith, Chris Wallace---oops, ok Chris Wallace and a few others are journalists. I haven't read 1984 since the 70s. Gonna reread it with a whole new perspective.

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Cool picture. I remember in 83 when the storm messed it up. My friend was leading the Tournament of Champions down at La Costa on PGA tour Sat. nite when storm went off. He made himself a huge check while our pier broke up.

#279 4 years ago

Yes. Great pictures. Looks like just another day at the Wedge. Pretty awesome to check out the gigantic waves there when it goes off. I've heard Killer Dana was big before they dredged for the harbor.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Call me crazy, but I used to paddle out in that kind of shit. Not that stormy, but did go out on 15 foot days. You paddle until your arms are rubber. Either that or drown.

There wasn't a lot of fights at our high school, probably cause jocks generally knew, damn surfers are way stronger than most people think. I look young for my age compared to other friends, but saw a guy from school that won a few Waterman surf events. I was in awe that when he was 40 he was still winning Waterman events in CA. We're almost 60 and he looked in better health than some 30 year olds.

2 weeks later
    #356 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Maybe you prefer the wording to be no one is guaranteed electricity. The federal government regulates it because society needs it. But if you don’t pay your bill a guy like me climbs up the pole and cuts your power supply.

So you're telling us you're a buzzkill as well as a Buzz.

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

So now the people from Cali blame everyone but the people from Cali for their problems. Typical Cali. Things won’t be getting better there anytime soon with that attitude. Bubble.

WOW. I don't give a f who's to blame for all the stupid CALI political decisions that somehow affect people from MA. I just know its another f ing day in paradise here. San Clemente's motto "worlds best climate". Used to be "Home of the Western White House" but we all know how that ended. I think parts of MA are great. But MA has snow days and other weather events when I'm down at the beach in 75 degree weather.

#390 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Who said Cali political decisions affect people from MA? Not me. Most here now want nothing to do with Cali. IMO Cali used to have everything going for it. Now it’s just the weather when there is not a fire or mudslide? Meh. You can have it.

I guessing CALI is gonna be just fine either way. If it were a country it would have the worlds 5th biggest economy.

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And when the big quake hits we may finally become our own country.

All I heard most of my life is about the "big one" hitting us. And then you learn that the San Andreas fault is just a little cousin of the Cascadia fault from Washington. 30 times more powerful with a tsunami coming after. FEMA director was quoted as saying west of 5 near Seattle will be, "toast" from just the quake. Scientists figure San Andreas capable of 8.2. Cascadia capable of 9.2. Won't be the damage down here in San Clemente as other places from San Andreas. And most of my life I thought that avocados were either Hass or Fuerte till I met you. I've got plenty of water and my avocado trees to get me by till I get the f out here if it hits when I'm here. Getting ready next month for my first batch of Sir Prize avocados. Supposed to last in the fridge like the Reeds you gave me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-power-companies-shut-off-power-for-thousands?tu=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.