Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jarvis2_(resized).PNG
    Jarvis1_(resized).JPG
    DSCN0183_(resized).JPG
    IMG_00005261_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005252_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005256_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005254_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005257_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005236_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005228_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005247_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005251_(resized).jpg
    Fore.png
    mouth-breather[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miguel351.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

If you need anything from Marco, CAX is the place to get it. They usually offer free shipping, no tax, and will cut the price a bit to a nice round number(like if it's $28.34, they'll make it $25 even).

At least, that's what they've done for me the past few years....

#19 9 years ago

I love both PAGG and CAX equally, for different reasons.

I love PAGG because it's exclusively pins and I'm usually seriously jonesing to play lots of other pins, buy parts and pieces that I missed on a recent order, and it's such a laid back show that it's damn near a requirement to go. Plus, the car show on Sunday is awesome(I'm a car guy who grew up on British sports cars, even though all I have now are Mustangs)!

CAX takes me back even more so to my childhood in arcades playing ALL of the video games, plus it usually has about 50% of the diversity of collection that PAGG typically has, and almost as many pins. It's such a kick to walk in there and hear the sounds of days gone by. This year I plan to take a few audio recordings of the sound in there. Further, it melds two sides of the classic arcade hobby and it's nice to meet the big time vid guys that are always every bit as awesome as the pin guys.

Both are great shows that are must-go's at least once in your life!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I will say that CAX usually gets some random pins that don't get a lot of love.

This.

For some reason CAX had more EM pitch-and-bats than PAGG had last year. You'd think it'd be the other way around. I played all of them at both shows, too. I'd love to have one someday, so I count playing all of them as "doing my homework" for a future purchase.

1 year later
    #79 7 years ago

I'm getting more and more jazzed the closer it gets. Love CAX!

I think this year I may just walk around with my phone out taking audio samples of the ambience. There's no sound like the classic arcade sound.

I'll be looking for that Fore, too. Sounds interesting! Not too many golf themed EM's out there. It's usually bowling or billiards, which are some of my favorites, too.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spock:

I have never seen a good deal at CAX. But it could happen...

Definitely harder to find there. Some get sold way early by and to the guys bringing in their games before the show even starts, while some are posted on the board out front and get snagged before you can get a chance to ever see them.

1 week later
    #98 7 years ago

My brother and I will definitely be playing these again! These are a ton of fun to play in….until you get destroyed by a red headed 9 year old girl. True story.

1 week later
    #108 7 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

YO Miguel351: Meet @ Fore?

I'll be there multiple times throughout the show until I beat it. Just look for the Duck Dynasty lookin' dude walking around, if I'm not playing it. I'll have my Pinside badge on but mof knows what I look like, too. If you see me NOT playing it, just grab me and we'll go play it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miguel351.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme?tu=miguel351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.