Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jarvis2_(resized).PNG
    Jarvis1_(resized).JPG
    DSCN0183_(resized).JPG
    IMG_00005261_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005252_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005256_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005254_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005257_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005236_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005228_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005247_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005251_(resized).jpg
    Fore.png
    mouth-breather[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

How is this show for strictly pinball?

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for the input - It looks like I might pass. I was hoping to go to a show where there would be a lot of games plus a lot of vendors. I was hoping to possibly be able to pic up an EM game while I was there. I can't make the pin-a-go-go due to me being out of town.

I wish there was a show in Los Angeles.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Mark, you missed Arcade Expo which was awesome! Located off the 10 in Banning. I think they are going to have another show in October?

I will have to look out for that one. Have never heard of it before.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Thats a bummer as there were quite a few EMs for cheap at PAGG last year.

If someone is at PAGG and notices a real nice game for a good price, I would be interested if they tell me about it. Maybe a finders fee or something....

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

What titles or eras are you interested in?
    I just noticed you have a worlds fair jigsaw! Wow, talk about a rarer game! Thats really awesome. And all your other stuff is on the new side, how did you end up with that?

I meet this guy in Escondido CA that has a house all full of older games. He had a World Series and a Jigsaw that I played and thought was really cool. When I got back home I did some research on the game and it lead me to Hal O'Rourke who was the expert in restoring these games (before he passed away). I called Hal and it just so happens he had a Jigsaw which he just got and it was in excellent condition but he also restored (he also commented that he hadn't had a jigsaw in a long time). So it was just a matter of timing.

Here is a post I did on the game...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rockola-worlds-fair-jigsaw-pictures

I will add that I have restored a few games such as my monster bash, AFM, IJ (which I sold) and WCS. So I decided to buy a rockola world series and restore it. I got pretty far along in the restoration but ended up breaking a critical part that couldn't be reproduced. They are pretty hard to restore and some of the metal is pot metal and pretty fragile after all these years. I ended parting it out for more than I paid for it but some gave me a hard time for parting out the game. In the end even, that game got parted but it ended up completing a lot of other games out there.

I have all the pinball compendium books so I am looking through at what EM games interest me - I think so far I like Kings & Queens, El Dorado, Centigrade 37, Buckaroo, Flipper Cowboy, King of Diamonds, Target Alpha. I like something with backglass animation or lots of drop targets. I am looking for a nice fully working game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme?tu=marksf123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.