Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jarvis2_(resized).PNG
    Jarvis1_(resized).JPG
    DSCN0183_(resized).JPG
    IMG_00005261_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005252_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005256_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005254_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005257_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005236_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005228_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005247_(resized).jpg
    IMG_00005251_(resized).jpg
    Fore.png
    mouth-breather[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 7 years ago

In. Bringing Night Rider (EM) and Fore, a rare Bally EM (only 80 made).

1 week later
    #87 7 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I'll say one thing for Fore, it doesn't look like your typical mid seventies Bally pin.

You sho' got that right, baby. I got mine from a fellow Pinsider as part of a deal, and I am just getting it all dialed in and figuring it out.

The standups at the top of the playfield represent yardages; get them all and you advance a hole on the course. If you get them all in a hurry between holes (0 to all of them before you advance a hole), you get a special. The little marshmallow rollovers are the holes of your course. You hafta hit them in order; the unlit ones do nothing and they only light if you hit the previous hole. The center lane at the top of the playfield is a skill shot for a hole in one to advance to the next hole. If you hit the 4th hole, 2 of the 3 special standups light and alternate. When you hit the 5th hole, all three are lit, and stay lit until game over. Here's one of a couple things that say the "code" wasn't quite finished. There's no incentive to hit the last 4 holes other than points and pride. And you can't set it to award the lighting of the standups later in the course; I already have it set "hardest."

It also looks like it was supposed to be an AAB, but you have to set the special for extra ball, and only high scores award the right kind of special for the extra ball, not the yardage or getting all 9 holes or something.

As it is, it's still a real challenge, and since I hi-tapped it, it plays really fast and fun. Those pops really rock. Plus there are a couple of hot babes that they added onto the playfield at the last minute. I am really liking it so far. I think it'll be on 3-ball @ CAX for to make it even more hardah mo' bettah.

I knew you'd be happy about that one daddio.

#88 7 years ago

They've had one at both of the Arcade Expo's in Banning:

You see that Expressway there on the left? That's my next acquisition. Well not that one exactly. I think I might be buying the one @ PHoF here one of these days. Anybody closer to central coast of Cali got one?

#90 7 years ago

Is Tim selling off some of his pins?

Shhhhh. I have been playing the one @ PHOF for years and I have been working him about it.

2 weeks later
    #100 7 years ago

Just got both machines I'm bringing all dialed in. Ready to go. Staying at the Hilton across the way all weekend (Fri-Monday morning). Gonna be in Oaktown Thursday afternoon/night: Maybe a trip to PPM.
    Is there a Pinside meetup in the offing? I'll have my not-stinking badge. Speaking of...PracticalSteve: Meet @ Nightrider? YO Miguel351: Meet @ Fore?
    No PismoArcade this year ;(

Anybody else around here bringing machines?

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Sat am first thing vs rest of the day?

I think early Saturday is your best bet...also laaate Saturday. If you are just there for Saturday, best get there when the gates open for prereg people (1/2 hour before official start) if you are prereg'ed.
    Yer boy will have PLENTY of vid opportunities.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I'll be there multiple times throughout the show until I beat it.

haha. 100grand is tough on this one. My best so far as I worked on it is about 70ish

Only a one player, but we could alternate games baby.

I'll have my cowpoke hat on and a beer in my 7/11 cup.

#115 7 years ago

You can almost see night rider from the front door. A bit to the right. Across from that giant video game called killer queen. I'll start hanging around there about 430 or so. The line-up looks good this year. Marco brought two Ghostbusters. Saw amh too. One guy has a bunch of project ems for sale. Gonna be fun.

#125 7 years ago

Thanks gentleman... it was a pleasure. Saw Sparky today too. Pinsiders represent. That pimped out shadow made me want one too. New sys11 fave: Mousing Around. Yes, that Viking was fun. And Deadly Weapon rules no matter what anybody sez. Also Spyhunter the video game. Only downers: no whoa nellie and no multimorphic p3. Seems less crowded than usual. Also more broken machines than usual. And that haunted house STILL isn't working.

#131 7 years ago

Other CAX highlights for me: Late-night gaming with Maxpin, talking 70's with MoF, an after-the-show loading dock out of the blue deal for an Expressway (finally!), that guy Paul (i think?) who helped me unload (a first for me for CAX; they could learn from PAGG), the seemingly smaller, more polite crowd this year (I had a lot more multi-person games with strangers this year), and Title Fight. I need one. Now. And Night Rider held up like a champ. Just a slight eos adjustment for the right flipper on Sunday morning (so many plays!), and she was strong again.

Waiting for PAGG now...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme?tu=fireball2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.