IMG_8834.jpg
IMG_8847.jpg
IMG_8840.jpg
20150718_134344.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
11755259_739615526149824_2593826542378222809_n.jpg
11754303_739615492816494_5221208928866652325_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rlslick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 8 years ago

This place is a zoo this year! They're not kidding when they say pinball popularity has taken off. Lines are long but not to bad of a wait. pinballbulbs.com corner is spectacular! 10+ games fill there corner all LED with their bulbs. What looked like an original MM was in restored condition along with WW and MB.

Here some pics... And also pinballbulbs.com has a 15% discount for online orders. Promotion code CAXPINBALL15. FYI, I don't know them or work for them.

Headed back in...

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

#210 8 years ago

Sorry about the sideway pics! Blame it on the beer.

#214 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#216 8 years ago

Bumping technique lesson and Whirlwind Tutorial.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#232 8 years ago

California Extreme was a great show overall! It seemed like there were less pins and more dance and vintage video games. Did others who attended feel the same? Pinball machines were spread throughout but within different locations, not sure I liked it or not. After a mile plus, thanks to my apple watch keeping track of my steps for the day, I became familiarized with the layout. Most of the pins were in good condition. Pinballbulbs.com had the best condition and working games...My vote for (Best of Show). Lines to play their games were at least a 10 minute wait, but well worth the experience. First time playing Congo and a treat with the additional mods in the game. Have to say I had a good first game scoring almost 300M, probably a crap score but not bad walking up to a table and not understanding the layout or rule set. There were a few Kiss Pro's, one being raffled at the front entrance doorway to the exhibit, two just inside inside past the entrance and one at Marco Specialties booth. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the game play. Tough narrow ramp shots but wicked fast and rewarding when hitting the left and right combo's. I'm not certain of the rule set but I did like the pop bumpers where they're positioned and when they lit up notifying me that a skill shot was involved to activate a mode (multiball??...can't recall) The bumpers reminded me a lot of NGG, though were punchy moving the ball at lighting fast speeds...it was very cool. The led lighting was pretty nice. I unfortunately did not spend a lot of time looking at the screen on the DMD. Main objective was to experience the pro and hope to look forward to receiving my LE on order. Have to say...I'm very excited! Those on the fence about purchasing the pro, I would say it's a great game and one with additional code development on the way, Borg will not disappoint. Wish I could give more of an in-depth review, but I only had a few game plays. I haven't been this excited about owning another pin since MET and what a game that one turned out to be! Kingpin was a blast as always to play; wish this game would get remade. Had some fun on BBB, always a treat though both of these games needed some novus. Not complaining of course...and a big thanks to those owners willing to bring it to show for pinball enthusiasts to drool over. Gotta run some errands, so I have to end this post. Thanks to all involved for making it a great show!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rlslick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme-july-18-19-santa-clara?tu=rlslick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.