IMG_8834.jpg
IMG_8847.jpg
IMG_8840.jpg
20150718_134344.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
11755259_739615526149824_2593826542378222809_n.jpg
11754303_739615492816494_5221208928866652325_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfesler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago

I don't know what to expect - it'll be my first CAX.

But I live *two* light rail stops away. I won't even have to deal with the parking mess. Or pay for hotel. And there's no rules against riding light rail under the influence.

So. Yeah. I'll be there.

1 week later
#73 8 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Was there an announcement on this?

Sorts. They missed PAGG as they were in the middle of moving.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

How my hours is the drive from Las Vegas?.Anything new other than The Hobbit for pinballs?.

About 8 hours + bio breaks. Might compare the fuel cost vs a SouthWest flight from LAS to SJC if it's just one passenger. LAS tends to have lots of flights to .. everywhere. Looks like just a couple hundred bucks to fly out Friday, return Sunday, if you book ASAP to get the cheap seats.

1 week later
#104 8 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Nifty LED will be at CAX 2105.
Curious to know - do you guys like getting the fancy CAX lanyards each year? Do you guys even notice them?

I can't speak to the CAX ones (Yet, gimme a week!). I can say that in general, I'm mildly appreciative to the sponsors of a given show or conference; and seeing their name on the lanyard helps me recognize them. The lanyard itself, eh, whatever. Everyone's got the same lanyard; it's just a billboard for a sponsor. Tuned out about as fast as a banner ad, especially at larger events.

I *can* say that it does help with name awareness of the sponsor; I'm more likely to say "thank you!" to sponsors, especially at tiny venues with low fees, where really the sponsors carry the bulk of hte costs of making the event possible. For the smaller events that are ran for the sheer fun of it, they still have costs; and I appreciate when marketing dollars can be justifiably spent to help make the event happen. Clearly the question is, is this a good investment.

In NiftyLED's case, I think the best thing for brand awareness, is simply having a lit up display of your product. Shiny! Nothing sells a good product better than a demonstration of the product. Especially with lighting, since the color tone is important. Showing off what your bulbs can do in different circumstances is good. The PAGG booth did some of that (thank you!). People will walk the halls, they will see the shiny (no way to avoid it!). The principal thing is to define what sets you off from the competition, and capitalize on that. Location? Price? Quality? Color? Rectified? Looks freaking awesome under plastics? The vendor table time is where you get the chance to have the most impact, much more than lanyards.

(Expecting downvotes from event organizers everywhere!)

#111 8 years ago

Bar and restaurant details for the hotel attached to the convention center:

http://www.santaclara.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining.html

Bar also has overpriced coffee and espresso drinks if you're a morning kind of person, and staying at the hotel.

1 week later
#184 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Wow, so no PPS/BAA at CAX either? Hmm.

PPS/BAA are no longer in the bay area

#222 8 years ago

Too crowded. Spoiled by TPF. Left after just s couple hours (if that) of nudging and tilting people to get around, less so for gaming. Was pretty cool to see some vintage video games up and running.

#223 8 years ago

PinballBulbs: was nice to see some machines on display with your kits. Helps give a good comparison of photo vs reality. Too purple for my collection but nicely done overall. Your lighting would look pretty sweet in something like a cherry BBB Thanks for making it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfesler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme-july-18-19-santa-clara?tu=jfesler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.