IMG_8834.jpg
IMG_8847.jpg
IMG_8840.jpg
20150718_134344.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
11755259_739615526149824_2593826542378222809_n.jpg
11754303_739615492816494_5221208928866652325_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

In baby. Bringing my Speakeasy.

#10 8 years ago

Who else here is bringing games? Anybody coming in Friday evening?
Anybody know who brought that Title Fight last year? I was so sore after playing that machine all weekend. I want it.

#18 8 years ago

Hey mof, how about you bring your Space Shuttle, and then I buy it and bring it home with me? Whatchu think 'bout that?
Oh yeah, Sea Witch is on my list too.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

NOT FOR SALE

Ok. Ok. You can't fault me for trying. Always looking. Always. Thanks for not stringing me along

#22 8 years ago

Would love to, but mine's been a little issuey lately. I think it's just a funky switch on one of the outholes. Hmmm... mebbe you have given me some incentive to fix him up a bit and bust him out. Everybody who plays it becomes a believer. The cab is beat, but it plays mighty nice. "Fireball awaits you!" hmmm.

You bringing anything? There's usually a Space Shuttle, but I ain't seen a Sea Witch yet. I had to go to PPM to get my Sea Witch fix.

2 weeks later
#58 8 years ago

Ok boiz, mebbe you can help me with this decision. I was going to bring my Speakeasy to the show, but lately I picked up a verry shweet Buccaneer. And while I have grown to like it A LOT, I would still rather use it as trade/sale bait for one of my wishlist machines. So do I bring the Speakeasy and introduce a lot of people to a game they probably haven't seen before (it's a beaut too) and put the NOT FOR SALE sticker on it, or do I bring the Buc and put a for sale/trade sticker on it and troll for a good price or something on my list? Plus it would show people how good EMs can play. This one plays like it came out of the factory, probably better.

Whatchu think? Yes I only have room in the vehicle for one.

#61 8 years ago

The speakeasy on the game list is mine. I had told them I was bringing it.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

If its the one I played last year... bring IT. I'll kick you down a beer.

Sold! See you there daddio. Last year on Saturday afternoon, I had a bad solenoid board fry the mpu. This year: newly rebuilt sdb (from Pinsider barakandl) and an alltek mpu. Solid.

1 week later
#89 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Killer Queen is that bad ass custom arcade that was there last year. Huge cabinets. 5 player vs 5 player. It was REALLY fun.

Yup. My boy (15 then) played that game for hours last year.
It's based on a live action, real people game

1 week later
#137 8 years ago

Mmmmm. Beer boatload.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from MGMPIN:

Yeah we brew 805 - currently it is our largest brand. We can't make enough. Thanks for the kind words.

Didn't 805 used to be called Honey Something Something?

Should we all print our nerdy pinside badges so we can spot each other? Those of us from SLO could put a big 805 on 'em to represent.

I'm willing to share my smell fone number if peopel wanna text and shtuff.

#189 8 years ago

Just played one of the KISS machines. Not really much of a did guy these days, but I hafta say... KISS is a blast. Really fun. Got 4 or 5 games in before the clampdown at setup, and... set second high score. I know it'll never last three weekend but... Tony ( Pismo Arcade) has pics to prove it.

Also... got to be the first player on a newly unboxed Whoa Nelly. Played about 10 or 12 games on that one. Fell in love. So snappy and fun. The crushed can levelers are killer.

They just kicked out all the freeloaders.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'm excited to announce that the P3 is coming to CAX! If history is any indication, the P3 is a machine that needs to be experienced in person; so please take this opportunity to come by our booth, play the P3, and chat about the exciting future of pinball.

The P3 boiz are probably already getting sick of me hanging around, but he's right, the game must be played to be believed. I am hooked. I love the overhead flipper mechs, the aluminum flippers, the little smoke trails the ball makes across the pf, the "beer" mode where you shoot for the mugs and fill them and then shoot them again to chug the beer. I absolutely love the multiball mode with no flipper hold. You're shooting on the run baby. The opportunities for reworking code and everything else about the game are nigh unto limitless. The game rules!

#208 8 years ago

PS: WNBJM also rules!

#278 8 years ago

Yo Miguel!@ I spotted yer Pinside badge and said hey. Mebbe we should put the badges on the back of our shirts since everyone is always playing anyway

I have been coming to CAX for 4 years now. I have brought a machine for the past 3 years. My post CAX2015 thoughts:
1. I played more games this year than I ever have. Yes it was crowded. Mark B said attendance was up about 10% on Saturday and mebbe 40+% on Sunday. But I never waited more than 5-7 minutes for a popular machine. The PinballBulbs blinged out machines were crowded, and rightfully so, but on Sunday afternoon I walked tight up to JM and Congo and played a few before there was a queue behind me. (THey were beautiful BTW) I played WNBJM at least 100 times, and KISS dozens and dozens of times. I played the P3 machine so many times they were probly ready to kick me out. Avoid noon to 3 and it ain't no thang. I walked right up to shtuff like AC/DC, CV, and WWF (really) and was able to play several games before there was even a line behind me.

2. Mark B also said there were 605 games of all kinds. That HH shouldn't count; it never worked all weekend. It didn't last year either.

3. WNBJM: I have never paid more than $600 for a machine and my personal "hard limit" is probly around 2k, but this machine had me reconsidering everything. It it truly addicting. Maddeningly difficult skillshot that you just hafta go for anyway, balanced scoring, GREAT AUDIO (really), snappy snappy snappy, the ball saves with the posts between the short dog flippers (OMG-amazing), the whole package is pinball perfection. On a side note: I was first to play it and I was last to play it. I think it got bought by a couple of women actually.

4. P3. LUV it. See my earlier post in this thread.

5. My other faves from this year's lineup: KISS (brutal but fun and addicting), NBAFB, Title Fight, Deadly Weapon (I know, it was a surprise for me too) and Balls a Poppin.

6. Kingpin is waaay better than BBB. I loved how BBB was tucked in with a buncha EMs.

7. The live music upstairs rawked! Dog Party is my new fave band.

8. Slugfest is really fun too. I think jwwhite here on Pinside had one for sale a while back.

9. I liked WWF way more than TWD. <ducks> I played both a lot.

10. Most of you probly saw me; I was the one in the big cowboy hat.

11. My Speakeasy got about 250 plays over the course of the weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fireball2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme-july-18-19-santa-clara?tu=fireball2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.