IMG_8834.jpg
IMG_8847.jpg
IMG_8840.jpg
20150718_134344.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
11755259_739615526149824_2593826542378222809_n.jpg
11754303_739615492816494_5221208928866652325_n.jpg

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Can anyone refresh my memory on the Early SM Gotlieb game with the alien sexpot and card theme that was next to Alien Poker? I meant to take note of it and look it up later and forgot the name. Almost 60's go-go style.

Astroid Annie and the Aliens, it's pretty rare and was happy to see and play it in person.

#252 8 years ago

Awesome show. Played tournament Friday night, all day Saturday, made first round playoffs but lost there. Sunday afternoon a lot easier to get on games. I was able to play multiple games of bbb and kp in a row. Then I played a bunch of em's and ss I hadn't played before.

This is a really complete show, something for everyone and a great location too. My third year in a row.

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Packed up and headed home,

Only constructive criticism I have is you guys need more SQ ft, but if you didn't get more I would love to go again.
See you jokers at PAGG

San Jose Convention center maybe?

#254 8 years ago

I was sad meteor was in the tournament area and not available for play. Also missed the SoF and HG that was listed online but nowhere to be found.

On the other hand, enjoyed being able to play BBB for the first time, was pretty good game. Loved trying out the P3 system, the physics were great. Got a great run down from mof on Defender and played a few fun games with him. Logged some time with JM finally and really like the flow and understand why others take issue with the glove and what it does to slow down the game. Introduced MM to my wife and she really enjoyed it.

Overall a great show, wish it hadn't been so crowded, but understand that overcrowding is the natural outcome of prior success. Looking forward to next year.

#255 8 years ago

I would like more information about this show.

#256 8 years ago

I bought the Star Trek that was in Marco's booth. I checked just before they cut power and it had 321 games on it. We started a 3-player game and when I was on my second ball, the power went out. So, 324 plays through the weekend, for a high traffic game.

Of the five pinballs I had at the show, four of them showed problems. Tough weekend for my games, given they were pretty much working correctly when they went to the show. Lots to fix when I get my stuff home tomorrow.

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I would like more information about this show.

www.caextreme.org
This was my first year but was around 250 pins with even more arcades. Stern seemed well represented.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

I was sad meteor was in the tournament area and not available for play. Also missed the SoF and HG that was listed online but nowhere to be found.
On the other hand, enjoyed being able to play BBB for the first time, was pretty good game. Loved trying out the P3 system, the physics were great. Got a great run down from mof on Defender and played a few fun games with him. Logged some time with JM finally and really like the flow and understand why others take issue with the glove and what it does to slow down the game. Introduced MM to my wife and she really enjoyed it.
Overall a great show, wish it hadn't been so crowded, but understand that overcrowding is the natural outcome of prior success. Looking forward to next year.

You were able to play the tournament games after the tournament ended, which was around 6pm Sunday

#259 8 years ago

Astroid Annie and the Aliens, it's pretty rare and was happy to see and play it in person.

That's it! I loved the artwork style and thought it was fun to play. I'm really getting into early SS games. The play is simple and less complicated that modern games, however I'm impressed with how inventive a designer had to be to get so much out of so little. Ramp and toys really almost make it easier for a designer in some ways.

Glad it was there along with other great games. Fun show.

Gordon Morison is the artist, same as Buck Rogers and Surf Champ! I'm going to have to look up more of this guy's work! That corner of CA extreme had a cool alien theme going. I think BBB was in that same row.

#260 8 years ago

http://www.caextreme.org
This was my first year but was around 250 pins with even more arcades. Stern seemed well represented.

I will make plans to attend personally next year.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

I bought the Star Trek that was in Marco's booth. I checked just before they cut power and it had 321 games on it. We started a 3-player game and when I was on my second ball, the power went out. So, 324 plays through the weekend, for a high traffic game.
Of the five pinballs I had at the show, four of them showed problems. Tough weekend for my games, given they were pretty much working correctly when they went to the show. Lots to fix when I get my stuff home tomorrow.

I didnt realize the Marco demo pins were for sale. I might have inquired about the Kiss. Did they give you a decent break in price (off NIB price)?

For those who havent played it, Kiss is the real deal. Borg nailed it. Plus, better sound qualiyy and lighting effects than all past Stern titles.

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I didnt realize the Marco demo pins were for sale. I might have inquired about the Kiss. Did they give you a decent break in price (off NIB price)?

Yeah, I got a decent price on it.

#263 8 years ago

Huge thanks to all who brought games and all those people who volunteered and the moving helpers. So awesome.

This show was insane. Just packed the entire time. Tons of games and boatloads of people. Was really fun. Only shadow went down for us and was an easy fix. Otherwise no games has any issues, hurray for that! I always forget to count the plays on them when gone to shows. Doh!

Only cons were it got way too hot Sunday in there and then stinky. Otherwise it was killer!

Ps don't make the mistake and fly into sacramento and then attempt to check into the hyatt sacramento like me lol. Cax is definitely not in Sacramento.

#264 8 years ago

As always awesome show...

Just some stuff we took pictures of at the show.

Had to improvise on our name tagsHad to improvise on our name tags

Didnt get to play, P3 is doing an awesome job so farDidnt get to play, P3 is doing an awesome job so far

show floor from our boothshow floor from our booth

Atari 4X4 Pinball, only 2 ever madeAtari 4X4 Pinball, only 2 ever made

Can you spot all the things that dont belong?Can you spot all the things that dont belong?

Why wont my phone charge?Why wont my phone charge?

LED'd out Slugfest, this is actually a really fun 2 player game!LED'd out Slugfest, this is actually a really fun 2 player game!

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Huge thanks to all who brought games and all those people who volunteered and the moving helpers. So awesome.
This show was insane. Just packed the entire time. Tons of games and boatloads of people. Was really fun. Only Shadow went down for us and was an easy fix. Otherwise no games has any issues, hurray for that! I always forget to count the plays on them when gone to shows. Doh!
Only cons were it got way too hot Sunday in there and then stinky. Otherwise it was killer!
Ps don't make the mistake and fly into sacramento and then attempt to check into the hyatt sacramento like me lol. Cax is definitely not in Sacramento.

Huge thanks to your company! You guys brought the best lineup of pins, by far. Each one was in stellar condition and pimped out to the max. We're talking A titles with new playfields, new ramps, chrome, powder coat, shakers, mods, toys, toppers, the works. Plus, your lighting kits looked great.

I was a little bummed that Pinball Refinery couldn't make it, but your pins definitely made up for it.

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Huge thanks to your company! You guys brought the best lineup of pins, by far. Each one was in stellar condition and pimped out to the max. We're talking A titles with new playfields, new ramps, chrome, powder coat, shakers, mods, toys, toppers, the works. Plus, your lighting kits looked great.
I was a little bummed that Pinball Refinery couldn't make it, but your pins definitely made up for it.

Yes to all of this. And your WW was the most beautiful one I've ever laid eyes on.

#267 8 years ago

Priceless...
IMG_00002684.jpgIMG_00002684.jpg
Rare...
IMG_00002672.jpgIMG_00002672.jpg

One heck of an a(maze)ing display that never disappoints.
IMG_00002674.jpgIMG_00002674.jpg

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

As always awesome show...
Just some stuff we took pictures of at the show.
Had to improvise on our name tags
Didnt get to play, P3 is doing an awesome job so far
show floor from our booth
Atari 4X4 Pinball, only 2 ever made
Can you spot all the things that dont belong?
Why wont my phone charge?
LED'd out SlugFest, this is actually a really fun 2 player game!

Loved that Atari 4x4!

#269 8 years ago

That Meteor was "tournament ready" and was pretty frustrating to play. The flippers were angled down by quite a bit making the game very hard to play.

Next time you're in the Bay Area come play the Meteor at Free Gold Watch in San Francisco (when it's not down for maintenance) and the Swords of Fury at Hi-Life Pizza in Oakland (always plays great)

#270 8 years ago

Finally! After how many posts "Atari Pinball Row" gets a couple pics? C'mon people that was the highlight of the show! EVERY Atari pinball set up in order for you to play including a couple white woods that never even went into production. One of those (Alien Space?) wasn't even proven to known to exist until recently and is so rare it isn't even on ipdb. (Sorry my pic is so dark). I know Neutron Star isn't as popular as Big Bang Bar but it's 100x more rare and more fun than Star Gazer.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Finally! After how many posts "Atari Pinball Row" gets a couple pics? C'mon people that was the highlight of the show! EVERY Atari pinball set up in order for you to play including a couple white woods that never even went into production. One of those (Alien Space?) wasn't even proven to known to exist until recently and is so rare it isn't even on ipdb. (Sorry my pic is so dark). I know Neutron Star isn't as popular as Big Bang Bar but it's 100x more rare and more fun than Star Gazer.

image.jpg

Was Road Runner there also?

#272 8 years ago

Dear lord, that Atari pin...

#273 8 years ago

Yep. Road Runner was there too. Here's the lineup

The Atarians
Airborne Avenger (Steve Richie's first game)
Time 2000
Middle Earth (proto)
Middle Earth (production)
Space Riders
Superman (2x, also designed by Steve Richie)
Hercules
Road Runner (proto, back glass was there but it had a proto head so the displays wouldn't have lined up)

Neutron Star (whitewood, Atari's only non wide body)

Alien Space (?) whitewood with "Atari Pinball" place holder bg

4x4 (timed multiball craziness, unique short playfield)

#274 8 years ago

Great show! I was originally put off by the pins and vids being so tightly integrated, but I think it did a lot in terms of getting them in front of the vid players.

Had fun playing Kingpin, spent a lot of time on mid-70s games, and put many games on KISS. It's always fun seeing all the 80s Gottliebs, too. Even got my initials on Raven.

It did feel a lot busier this year...the rows seemed a little narrower and it felt like there were more people in lines backing into the walking areas, but it's harder to quantify that 100% compared to previous years.

The iced-out White Water back in the pinballbulbs.com section was my favorite game at the show. Absolutely gorgeous.

#275 8 years ago

Yeah I heard from EVERYONE - go check out that WhiteWater!

And the Atari row was probably my favorite - played SO MUCH of them on Sunday.

Kingpin I decided i like way more than BBB now that I understand both more. Great times - thanks PinballBulbs for bringing so much great beer and games too. Rest assured we shared with many other folks who you might have seen walking around with Starbucks cups (cough cough)

Nice meeting Max and playing a ton of games too! All my pix have been uploaded now: http://store.orangephotography.com/p783449493

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

Yeah, I got a decent price on it.

Precisely why I wished they'd brought a Mustang Boss Premium….

Quoted from mof:

I just realized I failed at meeting (new to me) Pinsiders at the show. I didn't see a SINGLE Pinside badge. I had mine on the whole time. Oh well... I guess we'll leave it to PAGG for the introductions...
-mof

I had my badge on! It worked for a few guys I've never met before, too. We really need some sort of meet up time, for food or drinks, or something for Pinsiders. Sparky's PAGG barbecue is awesome, but it works perfectly in large part because of PAGG's location. Surely we can come up with something for CAX that fits its location, right?

#277 8 years ago

Had a blast except for the increased crowd and the ratio of pins vs other gaming systems.

Definitely a different vibe than PAGG, but cool in its own way.

Loved WNBJM, P3 system, Atari Pinball, KISS and developed a new appreciation for 80's Gottlieb pins.... Really enjoyed playing that Super Slugger.

Didn't get a chance to hang out with some of my friends as much as I wanted. I also missed the bands which I heard were good.

Anyone know who won the raffle and if the took the KISS or Video Game?

#278 8 years ago

Yo Miguel!@ I spotted yer Pinside badge and said hey. Mebbe we should put the badges on the back of our shirts since everyone is always playing anyway

I have been coming to CAX for 4 years now. I have brought a machine for the past 3 years. My post CAX2015 thoughts:
1. I played more games this year than I ever have. Yes it was crowded. Mark B said attendance was up about 10% on Saturday and mebbe 40+% on Sunday. But I never waited more than 5-7 minutes for a popular machine. The PinballBulbs blinged out machines were crowded, and rightfully so, but on Sunday afternoon I walked tight up to JM and Congo and played a few before there was a queue behind me. (THey were beautiful BTW) I played WNBJM at least 100 times, and KISS dozens and dozens of times. I played the P3 machine so many times they were probly ready to kick me out. Avoid noon to 3 and it ain't no thang. I walked right up to shtuff like AC/DC, CV, and WWF (really) and was able to play several games before there was even a line behind me.

2. Mark B also said there were 605 games of all kinds. That HH shouldn't count; it never worked all weekend. It didn't last year either.

3. WNBJM: I have never paid more than $600 for a machine and my personal "hard limit" is probly around 2k, but this machine had me reconsidering everything. It it truly addicting. Maddeningly difficult skillshot that you just hafta go for anyway, balanced scoring, GREAT AUDIO (really), snappy snappy snappy, the ball saves with the posts between the short dog flippers (OMG-amazing), the whole package is pinball perfection. On a side note: I was first to play it and I was last to play it. I think it got bought by a couple of women actually.

4. P3. LUV it. See my earlier post in this thread.

5. My other faves from this year's lineup: KISS (brutal but fun and addicting), NBAFB, Title Fight, Deadly Weapon (I know, it was a surprise for me too) and Balls a Poppin.

6. Kingpin is waaay better than BBB. I loved how BBB was tucked in with a buncha EMs.

7. The live music upstairs rawked! Dog Party is my new fave band.

8. Slugfest is really fun too. I think jwwhite here on Pinside had one for sale a while back.

9. I liked WWF way more than TWD. <ducks> I played both a lot.

10. Most of you probly saw me; I was the one in the big cowboy hat.

11. My Speakeasy got about 250 plays over the course of the weekend.

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Yo Miguel!@ I spotted yer Pinside badge and said hey. Mebbe we should put the badges on the back of our shirts since everyone is always playing anyway
I have been coming to CAX for 4 years now. I have brought a machine for the past 3 years. My post CAX2015 thoughts:
1. I played more games this year than I ever have. Yes it was crowded. Mark B said attendance was up about 10% on Saturday and mebbe 40+% on Sunday. But I never waited more than 5-7 minutes for a popular machine. The PinballBulbs blinged out machines were crowded, and rightfully so, but on Sunday afternoon I walked tight up to JM and Congo and played a few before there was a queue behind me. (THey were beautiful BTW) I played WNBJM at least 100 times, and KISS dozens and dozens of times. I played the P3 machine so many times they were probly ready to kick me out. Avoid noon to 3 and it ain't no thang. I walked right up to shtuff like AC/DC, CV, and WWF (really) and was able to play several games before there was even a line behind me.
2. Mark B also said there were 605 games of all kinds. That HH shouldn't count; it never worked all weekend. It didn't last year either.
3. WNBJM: I have never paid more than $600 for a machine and my personal "hard limit" is probly around 2k, but this machine had me reconsidering everything. It it truly addicting. Maddeningly difficult skillshot that you just hafta go for anyway, balanced scoring, GREAT AUDIO (really), snappy snappy snappy, the ball saves with the posts between the short dog flippers (OMG-amazing), the whole package is pinball perfection. On a side note: I was first to play it and I was last to play it. I think it got bought by a couple of women actually.
4. P3. LUV it. See my earlier post in this thread.
5. My other faves from this year's lineup: KISS (brutal but fun and addicting), NBAFB, Title Fight, Deadly Weapon (I know, it was a surprise for me too) and Balls a Poppin.
6. Kingpin is waaay better than BBB. I loved how BBB was tucked in with a buncha EMs.
7. The live music upstairs rawked! Dog Party is my new fave band.
8. SlugFest is really fun too. I think jwwhite here on Pinside had one for sale a while back.
9. I liked WWF way more than TWD. <ducks> I played both a lot.
10. Most of you probly saw me; I was the one in the big cowboy hat.
11. My Speakeasy got about 250 plays over the course of the weekend.

Really enjoyed hangin' with you!

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Had a blast except for the increased crowd and the ratio of pins vs other gaming systems.
Definitely a different vibe than PAGG, but cool in its own way.
Loved WNBJM, P3 system, Atari Pinball, KISS and developed a new appreciation for 80's Gottlieb pins.... Really enjoyed playing that Super Slugger.
Didn't get a chance to hang out with some of my friends as much as I wanted. I also missed the bands which I heard were good.
Anyone know who won the raffle and if the took the KISS or Video Game?

I didn't see you nearly enough, hardly at all! I swear every time I found you when I turned around you vanished! Plus I realized I didn't have your cell number until it was too late. So bummed!

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I didn't see you nearly enough, hardly at all! I swear every time I found you when I turned around you vanished! Plus I realized I didn't have your cell number until it was too late. So bummed!

Me too! I saw you when you first got there and you were standing in line to play either P3 or WNBJM. I figured we'd get together later, but I flamed out at about 10:30 and was dunzo..... Gotta learn to pace myself better.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Me too! I saw you when you first got there and you were standing in line to play either P3 or WNBLM. I figured we'd get together later, but I flamed out at about 10:30 and was dunzo..... Gotta learn to pace myself better.

Yeah! You always turn in too early!

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I was having an awesome game on Star Trek (stern) 170 million+ when all of a sudden the LEDs on the floods above the slings drop onto the playfield. One wedges in front of the slingshot arm. The other goes down into the trough, blocking the optos enough that the game goes into endless ball search. Hate when that stuff happens.
Apart from that it is wonderful to see and play all my favourite vector games - Quantum, Tempest, etc.

That was my Star Trek LE! I got it back up and running once someone let me know it was down, but could you let me know what you were doing when the flood dislodged? I only found the one loose in the trough, not the one in the slingshot arm (right was still socketed) so I'm a little confused as to what happened. I've had the one on the left jump out previously but whatever info you could provide would help me better understand how to protect things in the future.

Great seeing everyone enjoying the game! Definitely shifting to bringing more pins than vids next year. TRON LE and IJ (which was missing this year) for sure.

#284 8 years ago

I missed that bbb did not see it next to the ems! great show and very nice of you who brought games for people to play. the arcade grail was the aztarac, man that really surprised me. a museum piece for all to play. the mm looked like a new pinball with all the leds!

#285 8 years ago

I was on the fence about going but carpooled up with a friend.

Awesome show. Every game being played at almost every moment but never a long wait. I was almost always second in line and I always look to fill up 4 players once I get on.

The tricked out pin section was more full, I played the shadow there only.

HyperBall worked!

I played alot of Kiss on purpose. Trying to get a feel for the game.

Met a bunch of new friends and had a great time seeing friends from SoCal.

See you next year!

#286 8 years ago

I had another great time this year. Wish it was a little less crowded and there were more pins, but still a good time for sure. It's kind of interesting when the arcade guys play pinball and you overhear some of their comments. I was playing BBH next to TRON and a couple of guys were commenting on how similar they were. I just cringed.

A while latter I was playing a game next to a Hollywood Heat and a couple guys were leaning over it and looking and they saw the captive ball up in the middle right of the playfield and were debating if it was broken since the ball was stuck and wouldn't come out. They looked disappointed and they were going to give up and I couldn't stand for that so I let my ball drain so I could stop and explain how it worked. They seemed grateful and started playing.

Kingpin is awesome and was playing great. I feel fortunate to get to play this every year at CAX and PAGG.

Had lots of opportunity to play KISS and it was fun, but really want to see the LE/Premium features and more complete code obviously. Managed to get high score 2 on Sunday so that was nice.

Also was pretty funny that the Metallica in the lobby had the Sparky MB music swapped with an Ethel Merman tune.

#287 8 years ago

Anyone know what date this show will be on next year?

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

Also was pretty funny that the Metallica in the lobby had the Sparky MB music swapped with an Ethel Merman tune.

That was a machine modded by Jeri Ellsworth with Internet meme's replacing all of the metalica. She made the food based bubble chex too. She's also the once mortal enemy of Ben Heck via the early Pinball Wars episodes of TBHS.

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

This place is a zoo this year! They're not kidding when they say pinball popularity has taken off. Lines are long but not to bad of a wait. pinballbulbs.com corner is spectacular! 10+ games fill there corner all LED with their bulbs. What looked like an original MM was in restored condition along with WW and MB.
Here some pics... And also pinballbulbs.com has a 15% discount for online orders. Promotion code CAXPINBALL15. FYI, I don't know them or work for them.
Headed back in...

I just updated this promo code and will be good for the week. I forgot to mark it as active, oops!!

1 month later
#290 8 years ago

I participated in three seminars at CAX. I got video of my 30 minute talk about 8-bit game audio (25%) and pinball audio (75%) from Scott the AV specialist and I enhanced it with original assets. I never lose an opportunity to share pinball audio that I've made when I'm sure it can be heard.

There are some stories about translites and a Klingon Sing-A-Long (in case you don't go to NWPAS).

I hope you enjoy it.

#291 8 years ago

anyone know who the mfg was for that digital pinball? it had a screen under the entire playfield with real ramps and real pinball.
link please.

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

anyone know who the mfg was for that digital pinball? it had a screen under the entire playfield with real ramps and real pinball.
link please.

oops just saw this "p3" thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 45.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 20.00
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme-july-18-19-santa-clara/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.