IMG_8834.jpg
IMG_8847.jpg
IMG_8840.jpg
20150718_134344.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
11755259_739615526149824_2593826542378222809_n.jpg
11754303_739615492816494_5221208928866652325_n.jpg
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 years ago

Couldn't find a thread for this, so thought I'd start one!

Who's going?

#2 8 years ago

In baby. Bringing my Speakeasy.

#3 8 years ago

I'm finally going this year.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

In baby. Bringing my Speakeasy.

Very cool... Haven't seen you in awhile!

#6 8 years ago

Cannot wait!

#7 8 years ago

I know there generally aren't a lot of games for sale, but I'll still be on the lookout.

The seminars are the best, too.

#8 8 years ago

I'll be there, as will a bunch of my stuff. I hope.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

I know there generally aren't a lot of games for sale, but I'll still be on the lookout.

What are you looking for? Maybe somebody will bring it.

#9 8 years ago

I missed out on a hotel room. So ill probably only be there one day.

#10 8 years ago

Who else here is bringing games? Anybody coming in Friday evening?
Anybody know who brought that Title Fight last year? I was so sore after playing that machine all weekend. I want it.

#11 8 years ago

Will be there all weekend. We likely will have a tournament on Thursday night somewhere in the Bay Area for folks that are interested in that type of stuff. Can't wait!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Anybody know who brought that Title Fight last year? I was so sore after playing that machine all weekend. I want it.

Jim and TJ, I think. They have a lot of the weirder Gottlieb stuff now.

#13 8 years ago

I'll be there. I emailed for updates to the game list, vendors, and speaker schedule. They will be updated the list in a few days, vendors soon too, but won't expect to see the speaker schedule until about a week out.

After seeing the twitch feed from the NW show, I'm interested to see what's coming.

#14 8 years ago

Ill be there, but I am bringing Spy Hunter, GORF, and Vanguard vids. No pins this time!

#17 8 years ago

Yep, will be there later in the day Saturday

#18 8 years ago

Hey mof, how about you bring your Space Shuttle, and then I buy it and bring it home with me? Whatchu think 'bout that?
Oh yeah, Sea Witch is on my list too.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Hey mof, how about you bring your Space Shuttle, and then I buy it and bring it home with me? Whatchu think 'bout that? Oh yeah, Sea Witch is on my list too.

NOT FOR SALE
-mof

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

NOT FOR SALE

Ok. Ok. You can't fault me for trying. Always looking. Always. Thanks for not stringing me along

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Ok. Ok. You can't fault me for trying. Always looking. Always. Thanks for not stringing me along

Are you bringing FB2? That's a neat one...
-mof

#22 8 years ago

Would love to, but mine's been a little issuey lately. I think it's just a funky switch on one of the outholes. Hmmm... mebbe you have given me some incentive to fix him up a bit and bust him out. Everybody who plays it becomes a believer. The cab is beat, but it plays mighty nice. "Fireball awaits you!" hmmm.

You bringing anything? There's usually a Space Shuttle, but I ain't seen a Sea Witch yet. I had to go to PPM to get my Sea Witch fix.

1 week later
#23 8 years ago

Compared to PAGG this event doesn't seem to be generating much excitement considering we're less than a month out. It will be my first CAX, hoping this isn't a sign that its a dud of a show.

#24 8 years ago

I'll be there again. Arriving Wednesday to play poker at bay 101 for a few days then enjoy the show.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Compared to PAGG this event doesn't seem to be generating much excitement considering we're less than a month out. It will be my first CAX, hoping this isn't a sign that its a dud of a show.

It is not a dud by any stretch, but is also a different show than PAGG. CAX is vids & pins, so it draws a different audience.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It is not a dud by any stretch, but is also a different show than PAGG. CAX is vids & pins, so it draws a different audience.

+1 , last years attendance was said to be around 10k...

#27 8 years ago

CAX is super fun so you'll have a blast. I think the video gamers smell worse than pinball people though

Crop dusters are always a concern. Solution: play the Whirlwind that's almost always there. No spoilers!

#28 8 years ago

Also if you are around Thursday or live in the area, we're hosting a IFPA/Project Pinball charity tournament to place a pinball machine at the UCSF Children's Hospital that Thursday evening before CAX: https://www.facebook.com/events/383750198489576/

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

It's like this every year. The Pinside PAGG thread is always way busier than the CAX thread. Not going to be a dud.

#30 8 years ago

I'd rather be in Santa Clara in July than Dixon...

#31 8 years ago

CA Extreme is well worth it. Some like it even better than PAGG.

#32 8 years ago

I'm excited
First time California Extreme

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm excited
First time California Extreme

It's a great show you should have a blast. Hopefully there won't be any off duty chief of police there in their hybrid.

#34 8 years ago

I don't know what to expect - it'll be my first CAX.

But I live *two* light rail stops away. I won't even have to deal with the parking mess. Or pay for hotel. And there's no rules against riding light rail under the influence.

So. Yeah. I'll be there.

#35 8 years ago

FAST will be at CAX again this year! We are going to doing a talk again with our friends e/ Mission Pinball. We are soliciting suggestions for areas of focus for our talk at CAX. What would you like to know/learn? What should we focus on in the hour?

For those of you who haven't been to a talk we have participated in, here is a link to the talk we did at the NW Pinball Show recently:

http://www.twitch.tv/nwpinballarcadeshow/b/666295567

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#36 8 years ago

Hope to be there all day Sunday! Anyone know if starship fantasy will have a booth? I didn't get my rollergames plastic set like I wanted to at PAGG.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Hope to be there all day Sunday! Anyone know if starship fantasy will have a booth? I didn't get my Rollergames plastic set like I wanted to at PAGG.

No information on their page at all about vendors this year.....

#38 8 years ago

Damn I forgot about vendors!

Grr... no new games, no new games. I forgot about how many parts I need.

#39 8 years ago

Sadly, I won't be going this year.
Already going through Iguana's Asada fries drizzled with orange sauce withdrawals too.

Have fun guys and ride the Gold Striker for me! Hold down the fort TDA!

#40 8 years ago

How big do yall expect the tourney to be?

#41 8 years ago

Busy as fu#!

If you try and qualify tourney you will spend all day Saturday doing it. If you qualify you will spend most of Sunday in playoffs.

Tough to enjoy the show and play tourney

#42 8 years ago

I'm going to try to make it Saturday.

It should be fun.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sadly, I won't be going this year.
Already going through Iguana's Asada fries drizzled with orange sauce withdrawals too.
Have fun guys and ride the Gold Striker for me! Hold down the fort TDA!

Bummer man was looking forward to having a few beers and playing some pin with you! Hope to see you at some of the expos up this way next year my friend.

#45 8 years ago

For those who have never been, here's a few things to expect;

Pretty much evenly split between pins and video games.

Excellent seminars

Lots o' people

Full bar

Latest Stern pins

Nice hotel

For the past few years, CAX shares the hotel with a Jehovah Witness convention. (No joke) Expect to feel self conscious when you're sharing an elevator with well dressed people while you're wearing your PPE T-Shirt from 2011.

Don't worry about the website... They always wait until the last minute to update it.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

For those who have never been, here's a few things to expect;
Pretty much evenly split between pins and video games.
Excellent seminars
Lots o' people
Full bar
Latest Stern pins
Nice hotel
For the past few years, CAX shares the hotel with a Jehovah Witness convention. (No joke) Expect to feel self conscious when you're sharing an elevator with well dressed people while you're wearing your PPE T-Shirt from 2011.
Don't worry about the website... They always wait until the last minute to update it.

Don't forget a great outdoor area including a nice pool & spa with drink service.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Don't forget a great outdoor area

Definite the place to go and relax and get away from the constant din & noise of the
convention floor.
Bringing ear plugs is advisable.

#48 8 years ago

Ok, just got my room booked (yeah, found a spot at the Hyatt Regency!). Will be there all day Saturday with the wife. Really looking forward to just hanging and playing.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Ok, just got my room booked (yeah, found a spot at the Hyatt Regency!). Will be there all day Saturday with the wife. Really looking forward to just hanging and playing.

Only Saturday?

#50 8 years ago

Yeah, we get back from a super long 2 week vacation the weekend before, so don't want to be gone all weekend.

Edit: Just read your posting earlier, i see you wont be there on Saturday, dang it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
$ 199.95
$ 10.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme-july-18-19-santa-clara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.